The Plant Controller is the lead financial person for the respective manufacturing facility within Electrolux’s North American major appliance sector. Responsibilities include monitoring and analysis of product costs, partnering with the plant management team to optimize plant performance, leading and developing accounting team, safeguarding company assets and ensuring accuracy of the company’s financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engage in developing her/his team by promoting a culture of continuous improvement, setting high standards and promoting a teamwork environment within the team and with the rest of the organization. Live and promote Electrolux core competencies.
- Strengthen and support the control environment and compliance activities to safeguard the plant assets. Ensure the implementation and application of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in driving the plant’s financial results including monitoring and unbiasedly assessing the plant’s performance improvement plans including cost performance as well as cash flow items optimization
- Direct and assist in the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements including related financial analysis. This includes the annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing accounting systems and related policy and procedures. This includes the setting of standard costs, variance analysis, inventory accuracy, internal controls, ERP system integrity, etc.
- Lead the plant’s capital budgeting program. Responsibilities include preparation and approval of the annual capital plan, investment requests and ensuring adherence to capital policy and procedures.
- Develop strong working relationships with staff, peers, and senior management.
- Participate in the ongoing business management by providing counsel to the plant manager and other business managers relating to total plant cost controls and improvement activities.
- B.S. Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred
- At least 7 years of manufacturing experience including a progressive career growth within the Finance function.
- Controllership experience preferred but not required.
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Dynamic, detail oriented and proactive attitude
- Disciplined and organized personality
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a ‘matrix’ organization. Ability to respond quickly and positively to change as well as acting as a change catalyst
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Strong leadership skills to lead and develop her/his team.
- Excellent communication skills and a history of performing as a business partner to plant management team to influence decisions
- Solid understanding of general accounting, inventory and cost accounting.
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for getting involved in all aspects of the business
- Ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems and lead multiple priorities with little day to day direction
- Proficient in Excel, data mining, SQL/ODBC, Kronos, etc.