With ambitions as big as ours, we need powerful
guardians to guide our business strategy. As our Finance function continues to
grow and mature into its role as a driving force for the business, our Finance
people are finding lots of opportunities to apply their skills and competences
in different ways. As Plant Controller, you will shape, influence and
collaborate in order to drive growth and change at our Anderson plant.
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
You will be a key member of the plant leadership team. You will partner with the plant management team to optimize plant performance. You will lead the finance team responsible for the accounting activities in the manufacturing facility, including monitoring and analysis of product costs, safeguarding company assets and ensuring accuracy of the company’s financial statements. You will be instrumental in the establishment of the new, automated manufacturing facility
- Be a strong business partner and collaborator to the plant leadership team
- Develop a strong plant finance team. This includes developing the competencies and collaboration for the team through people development and coaching
- Provide the financial acumen and leadership required to deliver accurate financial records
- Develop and implement key strategic priorities for the manufacturing facility including
- Drive continuous improvement culture in the organization
- Proactively engage in developing her/his team by promoting a culture of continuous improvement, setting high standards and promoting a teamwork environment within the team and with the rest of the organization. Live and promote Electrolux core competences.
- Strengthen and support the control environment and compliance activities to safeguard the plant assets. Ensure the implementation and application of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in driving the plant’s financial results including monitoring and unbiasedly assessing the plant’s performance improvement plans including cost performance as well as cash flow items optimization
- Direct and assist in the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements including related financial analysis.
- This includes the annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing accounting systems and related policy and procedures. This includes the setting of standard costs, variance analysis, inventory accuracy, internal controls, ERP system integrity, etc.
- Lead the plant’s capital budgeting program. Responsibilities include preparation and approval of the annual capital plan, investment requests and ensuring adherence to capital policy and procedures.
- Develop strong working relationships with staff, peers, and senior management
- Participate in the ongoing business management by providing counsel to the plant manager and other business managers relating to total plant cost controls and improvement activities
WHO YOU ARE:
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field. CPA certification and/or master’s degree are a plus
- You have 10+ years of experience in relevant finance roles (Accounting / Controlling) with over 5 years of leadership experience. Public accounting experience is highly preferred
- You possess plant controllership experience, preferably with experience ramping up/down operations
- You lead with unquestionable ethics and integrity and possess excellent communication skills
- You have a history of performing as a business partner to plant management to influence decisions
- Your solid understanding of general accounting, inventory and cost accounting provide the ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems
- You have led multiple priorities with little day to day direction and are able to respond quickly and positively to change.
- You act as a change catalyst
- You possess a dynamic, detail oriented and proactive attitude and a disciplined and organized personality and have the ability to thrive in a ‘matrix organization
- You are proficient in Excel, data mining, SQL/ODBC, Kronos, etc.
The ideal candidate must have high energy, charisma and a positive attitude. You have well developed managerial and leadership skills and impact business performance. You are great at establishing and nurturing a solid and sustainable network with peers and colleagues.