Plant Environmental Sr Specialist
The Plant Environmental Senior
Specialist is responsible for directing all environmental compliance programs
for the facility including ownership of the ISO 14001 management system. This
critical role reports to the Plant EHS & Operations Sustainability
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee the facility environmental programs to ensure that operations meet all legal and permit requirements (wastewater, waste, air), including all associated and supporting procedures, work instructions and tools necessary for proper implementation.
- Ensure day to day compliance with applicable environmental regulations, including, but not limited to: the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facilities (TSDF) permit; Hazardous Waste Large Quantity Generators (LQG); National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) New Source
- Performance Standards (NSPS); and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES); Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know (EPCRA).
- Collaborate with Site Sustainability team on key CO2, energy, waste, and water reduction initiatives driven by the ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 systems.
- Update environmental programs to address any new environmental regulations or permit requirements impacting the facility.
- Ensure all environmental reporting requirements are met, including timely submittal to the regulator, including but not limited to: Form R, Annual Emissions Inventory, Greenhouse Gas, Title V Annual Compliance Certifications, and Chemical Data Reporting
- Ensure all environmental recordkeeping requirements from the permit and applicable regulations are met, including tracking of emissions, inspections, control device monitoring and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for management of and/or completion of all environmental monitoring required by facility permits and applicable regulations.
- Manage and oversee training required by Environmental permits or regulations, including development of environmental training content and conducting training, including, but not limited to hazardous waste management and storm water pollution prevention.
- Keep Operations Sustainability Director updated on all Environmental activities.
- Manage the Environmental portion of all digital solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences or Environmental Management
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in environmental management with working knowledge of EPA regulations under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- Previous experience managing facility operations and oversight of environmental compliance programs
- Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Strong computer, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Heavy manufacturing experience a plus