A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will direct the company's manufacturing, production and operating activities toward the accomplishment of group objectives including employee safety as measured by total case incident rate (TCIR), customer quality as measured by service call rate (SCR) and first time quality (FTQ) as well as customer delivery as measured by delivery on time (DOT) and backorders. This highly visible, hands-on leader is responsible for driving and deploying Electrolux’s manufacturing strategy that ensures ultimate satisfaction from the Customer. You will also lead the continued proliferation of Electrolux’s goal of world class performance, where quality is built in to all manufacturing and product development processes. You will work to drive the execution of manufacturing initiatives by providing Lean manufacturing training, guidance and leadership to the internal manufacturing, product development teams and suppliers, understanding and responding to the requirements of Electrolux’s customers and suppliers and integrating suppliers into the total manufacturing strategy.
- Partner with Product Line to ensure the timely and successful manufacturing launch of all new products
- Drive continuous productivity improvement across the operation through the implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Grow the production volume of existing products to satisfy increasing demand without significant capital expenditure while new products are launched and produced.
- Develop operating budgets, capital plans and cost reduction initiatives to exceed stated objectives
- Develop site strategy and drive cascading tactical goals and objectives at all levels of the plant operation
- Set expected performance levels and take action to reward, coach and develop individuals as appropriate
- Drive Value Creation into every function of the organization and create a work environment that drives engagement and stresses accountability
- Perform core/non-core analysis and assess make vs. buy decisions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, MBA highly desirable
- Record of progressive leadership roles within a complex, high volume, manufacturing company with a minimum of 5 years at the operational leadership level
- Profit planning and operational P&L experience at a plant or operating level
- Proven success implementing Lean manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma processes
- In-depth understanding of standard costing and development of variable and fixed overhead rates
- Highly strategic in thought and behavior, while driving daily execution
- Experience creating a manufacturing vision that is highly business relevant and can be systematically implemented