REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Industrial Occupational Health Nurse will plan and provide professional nursing care for employees of Electrolux, Kinston in accordance with the companies established policies and procedures.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations, and establish interpersonal relationships with employees.
- Evaluate care given and communicate to proper personnel relevant facts about patients, actions taken, and patient responses.
- Develop and/or maintain and audit employee health, safety, worker’s compensation, FMLA, Lincoln, and EAP records to ensure continuity of care, employee confidentiality, and feedback to management, in compliance with government regulations, company policy, and applicable Code of Ethics.
- Perform worksite walk-through assessments to determine employee work processes and potential sources of illness and injury.
- Conduct training in first aid and CPR for selected managers and employees. Keep the OSHA log and data updated.
- Provide communication with third party health providers regarding work related injuries and/or illnesses.
- Plan and organize health promotional programs.
- Provide individual counseling to employees on health maintenance and administer pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screening of employees.
- Purchase and maintain medical supplies and equipment necessary for the optimal function of the occupational health service of Electrolux, Kinston.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program with current state licensure and at least 5 years of direct experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an occupational health role in manufacturing setting.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws in the arena of OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA, Employee Assistance Programs, and third-party insurance administrators.
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to benefit employee health and welfare.