Plant Purchasing Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be primarily responsible to develop, plan and execute the Operational activities of the Plant Purchasing Organization as part of the Industrial Operations Purchasing set up. You will supervise day-to-day activities of a team of professionals who source, and secure required material and component parts needed to produce our products. You will help to lead the Purchasing Team in the Factory and ensure critical Purchasing activities including: PO releases, PO amendments, Specification exchange with suppliers, Payment Terms harmonization among others in the factory. You will support the implementation of the ECI projects, including quality improvement projects, led by the different Product Care organizations in the factory as well as the implementation of the OPI projects, including Supplier resourcing, implementation dual supplier sourcing (i.e. Steel), LTA implementation.
- Support the NPI/Large Programs Purchasing activities linked to new components including PPAP activities.
Join Cross Collaboration Projects with Quality, SC, Operations, R&D and PL(i.e. FTZ, Draw back, SKU Simplification, SCR reduction task force, etc.)
- Drive a proper, up-to-date administration and drive activities to improve it ensuring compliance with Electrolux procedures
- Responsible for the DM purchasing activity in the factory participating and supporting in build-up of strategies and ensure their execution.
- Ensure execution of the sourcing activities and relevant information, proper administration in the factory and that decisions happen in the best interest of Electrolux and get executed
- Apply in the plant common methodologies established and ensure a good relationship with the Commodity Organization and the Central/Global Purchasing
- Develop the purchasing team and maintain a professional working relationship with Quality, Operations, R&D in the Factory and PL
- Manage/implement Advanced Purchasing activities linked to new components specific for the plant
Participate in negotiation of beneficial contracts for Electrolux and interact with Quality organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or another related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5years of relevant experience
- Purchasing professional qualification
- Knowledge of procurement strategy development and legal requirements in purchasing and supply with experience in contract, procurement and vendor management as well as negotiation and strategic sourcing
- Knowledge of contract award analysis and sustainable purchasing