Plant Purchasing Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Site Purchasing Manager is responsible to lead the Kinston Site Purchasing team; support and develop a structured, proactive, collaborative, and robust strategic direct material management plan. Lead the tactical execution for Direct Material projects while collaborating with cross functional teams, (Quality, Product Line, R&D, EGD, Operations, Finance, etc.), to execute on time, with best-in-class Quality and Cost.
- Develop / deploy KPI’s and performance metrics for the Site Purchasing team.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Manage workload and project assignments across site / Product Line Purchasing team.
- Develop, coach, mentor, recruit a high-performance Purchasing team.
- Structure and align team priorities to meet the needs of the business.
- Direct Material cost estimation.
- Direct Material Supplier management.
- Strategic / early supplier engagement for NPI projects.
- Cost modeling utilization.
- RFQ, sourcing activity, tooling capacity / utilization.
- Sourcing Board, UCC filings, tooling, capacity management.
- Work with Engineering, EGD, and Product Line to quantify investment required for components and technology.
- Risk management.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- B.A./B.S. Degree required (Engineering, Business, Finance, Supply Chain degree preferred).
- Minimum of five years as a Commodity / Category Manager or proven equivalent Purchasing professional experience.
- Project management, cost modeling, and analytics experience.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Strategic vision and tactical execution.
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting deadlines with strong initiative and pro-active mindset.
- Strong decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional level of ethics, integrity, and judgment.
- Ability to manage working in a dynamic fast paced work environment.