A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES)
The Feeder Supervisor has the primary responsibility for effective operation of a manufacturing area, accomplished in a manner to enhance the overall performance of the plant. To meet this objective, the incumbent leads the production process in a manner necessary to meet or exceed safety, delivery, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement standards. The Feeder Supervisor will interface with Quality Assurance, Warehouse, Maintenance and Management personnel to achieve these goals.
- Supervise production employees by planning and assigning work, adjusting schedules to meet production requirements, analyzing, and resolving work problems, inspecting materials to verify conformance standards, and coordinating with other departments.
- Managing and evaluating performance including coaching employees, conducting appropriate appraisals, and administering discipline, employee training and development, assigning and directing work ensuring proper safety equipment is worn and proper safety procedures are being used.
- Supervise the quality and quantity of product being produced by employees.
- Study production schedules and estimate hourly requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Interpret company policies to employees.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain production/quality records and ensure records are filled out correctly and timely.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of department.
- In the absence of higher authority, manages emergency.
- Direct & Coach Team Members for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Standardized Work and Continuous Improvement.
- Manage daily Master Schedule from weekly forecast and daily schedule changes.
- Plan and maintain daily worked hours and control overtime to meet KPI goals.
- Responsible for applying all requirements related to EMS, ISO9001/14001/50001 Green Spirit. This position must follow, promote, and demonstrate both knowledge and understanding of the plant energy policy and identify the Significant Energy Uses (SEU’s), operational controls,
- maintenance, objectives, and energy indicator performance.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Industrial Manufacturing, or related field of study
- 5 years of supervisor experience working in a high-paced manufacturing facility
- Excellent written and oral skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to convey leadership qualities
- Plan, organize and prioritize work
- EMS Green Gear Certification
- Understand and create Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule as needed for outage coverage.
- Knowledge and experience with DuPont STOP program elements or similar behavioral based safety program.
- Ability to work with computer equipment and proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and related processes.
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge in energy management systems ISO 50001, (Significant Energy Uses, Energy Policy, objectives, action plans, operational controls, and energy indicator performance).