PMO Director - Food Preservation
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The PMO Director has responsibility for the project managers within the Food Preservation Product Line, leading and/or assisting with cross-functional projects, effectively managing a full range of stakeholders, driving projects successfully towards defined and agreed results, and promoting project success.
- Assist in prioritizing projects with cross functional business partners to achieve Food Preservation goals & objectives
- Analyze business activities, expenses, profits, establishing goals and communicating strategy throughout the organization.
- The PMO Director will lead project teams through the project life cycle in order to achieve customer expectations and company mandated targets.
- Actively create standard approach in developing and improving project management tools and methodologies.
- Manage the overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of the Food Preservation project portfolio to ensure delivery on plan to time, cost and quality.
- Organize CAPEX, capitalization, non-capitalization associated to the Food Preservation portfolio
- Follow up on budget and update portfolio on a monthly basis.
- To manage cross functional business partners to ensure portfolio completion
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a broad range of tasks in order to meet requirements and to deliver the end result for a particular project.
- Lead, build and develop the project management skills within Food Preservation along with other business partners.
- Manage post mortems related to project portfolio.
- Assist Food Preservation leadership with facilitating steering team meetings on a regular basis, to include administering and leading meeting discussions.
- Proactively engage in resource planning, upfront commitment from the organization, and reporting to manage deviations.
- Proactively identify portfolio risks and define mitigation plans.
- Report project progress/ risks and issues to relevant decision bodies at an early stage.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent and you are able to professionally represent the project status to Steering Team
- You have strong initiative and are self-directed in completing tasks, functioning with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are part of what you bring to the role.
- Exceptional time management and follow-up skills are a core part your repertoire.
- You have demonstrated excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills at every level.
- You are flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- You have innate curiosity and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence without direct authority.
- You possess solid level knowledge of project management process and techniques, along with a demonstrated ability to identify process gaps, understand project priorities, set clear goals and targets, and lead projects with minimal direction and positive results.
- Your ability to effectively
manage issues at the project level and proactively identify when issues may
turn into a risk is excellent and you have the judgement to know escalation to
the Steering Team is required.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a previous professional experience in project management as well as in product development, testing, operations and/or sourcing.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience and track record in portfolio management, project planning to include: planning project budgets and all projects financials; establishing realistic project timelines including critical paths; creating Work Breakdown Structures; stakeholder management; and risk management and mitigation.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level with MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project). Familiarity with MRP/PLM systems.
- 7 – 10 years relevant experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% -20% depending on project portfolio partners.