This position will be a direct report of the Plant Manager, Springfield Cooking Business Unit, and is a key part of the Site Manufacturing Leadership Team responsible for affecting change, aligning manufacturing goals to the Company’s strategic direction, and providing Project Management support for ~3000 employee population. Responsibilities also include providing practical, consistent and proactive support, direction and advice to other functional managers on Project Management to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with Senior Management concerning project management.
- Responsible for identifying and conveying to senior management any project risks that may affect the project's outcome.
- Present periodic project reviews with all groups including Senior Staff.
- Responsible for ensuring project efficiency which means getting maximum benefit from all project resources. Set up dedicated teams where appropriate.
- Ensure that the project is consistent with the Electrolux over-all business strategy.
- Coordinate efforts in all areas of the Project by working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and Purchasing to provide or obtain necessary information.
- Own/Maintain the overall PMO or Project Management Master schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that the projects are on time, within budget and focused on
scope. Also, responsible for submitting and obtaining approvals of any other investments required outside of the original intent.
- Responsible for monitoring costs to ensure that it is within the project objective with minimal disruption to the Manufacturing floor.
- Assist in establishing assembly and production project in order to meet targets.
- Coordinate efforts required for manufacturing facility changes that are required.
- Coordinate Purchasing efforts to ensure activities are taking place with suppliers to meet all requirements.
- Participate in preparing information for staff and plant manager updates when required.
- Ensure that proper project reviews are taking place.
- Provide continuous auditing of processes being deployed for successful completion of projects.
- Provide feedback at the end of the project that identifies ways to improve future projects.
- Maintain an overall project file and funnel for completed and future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience
- 5 plus years experience in a Large Plant Manufacturing environment or 5 plus years in Project Management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Effective in completion of multi-faceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while recognizing and supporting the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Demonstrated success establishing goals and objectives to meet key deliverables and commitments using fact-based information and data
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma Certifications or background preferred