The Pricing Manager is a highly analytical and research-orientated role responsible for identifying and analyzing opportunities to increase market share in existing markets/product lines and enter in to new markets/product lines. The Pricing Manager will help EMANA determine what to charge for products by considering production and other costs to determine the price point to make a profit. The ideal candidate will set base prices and develop discount programs, assist in creating promotional campaigns, compare prices set by competitors and measure customer satisfaction based on monthly, quarterly and yearly results.
In addition, this position has overall responsibility for leading the daily & monthly activities of the pricing execution team. As the Pricing Manager, all team processes will be analyzed and improved focusing on speed, accuracy and repeatability. This position has accountability for understanding and communicating the financial position of specific Product Lines, Sales Channels (customer), and/or brands within Electrolux North America from a pricing perspective. This position also provides strategic recommendations and is responsible for executing those strategies across the organization.
The Pricing Manager will also provide financial support to the business leader of the specific area (i.e., Product Line & Sales Channel) by creating and maintaining ongoing reports that analyze and communicate actual performance and highlight the implications of business decisions using consistent and measurable metrics, with the benefit of creating tactical changes to insure performance is maximized.
This position will take day-to-day
direction from The VP of Merchandising, Pricing and Business Intelligence and
will funnel information through the finance organization to the various
business organizations, ensuring one consistent approach/method is used across
Electrolux North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ongoing evaluation of production costs to develop pricing strategies.
- Understanding the impact of pricing on profit margins.
- Developing and defining pricing structures.
- Understanding contract negotiations and bids as well as proposal development.
- Manager of the pricing execution team’s daily activities with the goal of continuous process improvement.
- Interpretation and communication of financial performance, implications and recommendations.
- As the owner of strategy, the manager is responsible for insuring that all tools, reports, etc. are set-up appropriately with the latest information available.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports to management.
- Manage PVM (price volume mix) reporting and data
- Profitability analysis of specific products and programs to EBIT and CTF (contribution to fixed) utilizing sku profitability, PVM, SAP and legacy systems, Power BI and Qlikview.
- Responsible for the monthly implementation and communication of price sheets to all sales channels with documentation to support and in-line with group internal audit guidelines.
- Execute pricing set-up for all products in the Electrolux product portfolio for each channel that is authorized to sell this set of products.Work with Sales Leadership and Product Line Managers to ensure company performance for new customer, and opportunities.
- Manage all pricing discounts per the pricing handbook guidelines and insure accuracy of information that is entered into the system by working closely with commercial finance.
- Manage price exception request process, including insuring the DOA (delegation of authority) is always up to date, manage the EHP mailbox, pricing requests and setting critical pricing guardrails.
- Primary interface Syncron implementation, set-up and strategy.
- Contract pricing approver and implementation of contract pricing approval process within the pricing department.
- Creation and owner of HME (room air conditioning) pricing strategy across all channels.
- Meet with all internal customers and sales team face to face and promote company agenda as needed, maintaining a customer service attitude.
- Conform to all group internal audit guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of related business experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity.
- Financial analysis experience including, sales trends analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Ability to drive change and effectively participate in large, multi-departmental, cross-functional teams to successful achievement of corporate goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to thrive in a “matrix” organization.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex, multi-disciplinary problems and articulate features and benefits to appropriate management audiences.
- Strong business understanding.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience working with multi-dimensional financial statements (i.e., Product Line, Channel, and/or Brand views of the same financial result).
- Experience working with and advising management of financial and business strategies.
- Ability to adjust/react quickly to changes and changing priorities.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial concepts.
- Master level ability in Microsoft Office (excel), SQL server, Cognos, Focus, and SAP.Hyperion and SAP experience necessary.