Principal Designer CMF (Colour, Materials, Finishes)
Shape living for the better. At global scale.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Electrolux Global Design is building a world-class design team with a strong focus on experience, material innovation, and sustainability. This team is responsible for bringing to life future home experiences and creating home appliances that deliver great sustainable user experiences for people around the world.
As the Colour, Materials, Finishes Design (CMF) Principal Designer, you will design and drive the future of Taste, Care, and Wellbeing experiences. Your passion for design, material innovation, and sustainability will guide the creative strategy and vision through the CMF mindset.
Your innovative vision of future home experiences and confidence to pursue forward-thinking CMF design will drive brand and business success. In this role, you will actively collaborate and build a strong partnership with Business, R&D, Marketing, and Purchasing teams to identify design opportunities and inspire them to push boundaries. This is a combination of leadership and the hands-on role and will require leading projects, developing a multi-disciplinary way of working with other design disciplines, and leadership in strategic thinking.
· Elevate the discipline of CMF in Design, based on trends & user research, material innovation, manufacturing, and design thinking
· Be inspired, plan, and create meaningful CMF through the lens of data-based research, sustainability, and multisensorial
· Drive sustainability in Design through research and implementing material strategies, contributing to Electrolux sustainability commitments.
· Researching innovative and emerging sustainable materials and processes, to drive product innovation. Demonstrate experience in engaging in suppliers and driving innovation processes.
· Building CMF strategies that connect social/target consumer trends with material technologies and product concepts.
· Actively collaborate with other design disciplines, product teams, R&D teams, and suppliers to execute projects independently in a global context
· Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to other Designers, lead by example with creative and holistic thinking applied across projects.
· Strong visual and verbal communication skills, and the ability to produce high-quality 2D and 3D visualizations
· Demonstrate a deep understanding of tooling, molding, forming, and finishing processes, for plastics, metals, and glass.
· Strive for excellence in product execution, ensuring materials are matched and finished as design intent and specifications. Ability to create and maintain highly detailed CMF specifications, and coordinate build reviews.
· Master’s Degree preferred in Industrial Design (or relevant design background)
· Consistent and proven previous CMF Design experience
· Self-driven passion for CMF, sustainability, and manufacturing technologies and processes
· A portfolio that demonstrates comprehensive experience and knowledge of materials technologies, sustainability, manufacturing, and finishing processes, in combination with understanding and sensitivity to social and environmental trends
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders for successful collaboration across different design disciplines and R&D, Purchasing teams, and external suppliers
· Experience in conducting and planning user research in the design process
· Fluent in color science, and the use of color measurement techniques and tools
· Possess strong working knowledge of 3D and 2D visualization software like Keyshot, Photoshop, & Illustrator. And working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
· Strong communicator: visually oriented, with good verbal skills
Who you are
Ambitious, You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
Collaborative, You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
Creative, You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
Growth, You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
Innovative, You are all about big ideas and working to bring them to life.
Open, You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilising diversity and encouraging open feedback.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.