The Process Engineer provides the engineering expertise to deliver optimum performance of Electrolux Anderson’s foaming process operations in the areas of safety, quality, and capacity. The position works closely with professionals in R&D, Operations, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering. The Process Engineer provides support for all Foam value streams within the manufacturing operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Operations to optimize the foaming process for quality, cost, and uptime.
- Serves as the resident expert within the Anderson manufacturing group for the entirety of the foaming process (receipt of raw materials to the foamed part).
- Actively supports the site & safety programs via participation (or leadership) in PHA’s, FMEA’s, MOC’s, incident investigations, and regulatory compliance.
- Generates innovative ideas for process improvements and works with R&D, Quality Engineering, and Manufacturing Engineering to screen such ideas.
- Plan and lead large scale manufacturing trials under the scope of any foam developments from quality, manufacturing, global, or purchasing (raw materials, recipe modification, etc.)
- Closely monitor and control all foaming parameters using process control techniques (flow control, level control, temperature control, etc.)
- Uses SPC and strong engineering judgment to determine changes within the process and provide effective solutions.
- Works with quality technicians to determine what product data is required and what type of adjustments need to be made to bring the product back within specifications.
- Works with chemistry lab technicians to get feedback on manufacturing performance based on tests of foamed components.
- B.S in Engineering or similar Technical field (chemistry, material science, etc.)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and Demonstrated Application of
- Experience/knowledge of polymer chemistry or material science is desirable.
- Experience in laboratory measurement of material physical properties
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge of material processing equipment