Process Engineer will identify and implement improvement activities that result
in sustained product and operational cost reductions in a high speed/high
volume manufacturing facility. Responsible for engineering activities to
improve the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality
and cost. The Process Engineer will champion 1-3yr improvement plans
while supporting plant manufacturing processes. Hands on experience in
line balancing, time studies, work instructions and labor routings is
continuous improvement by conducting kaizen events on the factory floor.
Identify and implement management systems to eliminate variation within
operations (material flow, fabrication, finishing and assembly). Perform
other miscellaneous assignments, as directed, to support facility,
manufacturing and engineering functions.
Typical deliverables: Individual annual cost savings of $1 million in process, product and manufacturing improvements. On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives, development and quality levels. Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for performing a variety of engineering duties related to the planning and design of manufacturing processes for new products, improving existing methods, initiating design changes for cost effectiveness and complete value add/non value added analysis.
- Maintain and audit productivity data to assure accurate efficiency and utilization of manpower per labor standards.
- Conduct new product review and feedback for improvements in manufacturability during the initial phases of design through implementation.
- Develop equipment, materials and process performance requirements. Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Attend process review and safety/ergonomic buyoff meetings for new model processes and support budget development as applicable.
- Standard Time studies & line balance
- Work stations design, standardized work instructions and manning requirements
- Pilot run & new models launch supporting
- Process flow chart & Work Instructions developing
- Promote lean manufacturing operations with 5S, Poke Yoke, Kaizen, Kanban, TPM, SMED and other initiatives, to continuously improve upon our own records
- Function as a true change agent to bring about cultural and physical change resulting in long term improvement
- Analyze new processes and equipment with the intent of achieving continuous improvement of present methods.
- Generates capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Develops process documentation and trains personnel on new processes, materials, and equipment.
- Identify and comply with all health, safety, and environmental programs, policies and procedures
- Build, implement, and maintain PFEP (Plan For Every Part) for assembly lines. Implement Pull Signals, Kanbans and identify opportunities with operations for improved line-side presentation and material flow/replenishment.
- Works directly with operations and other engineers in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes
- Design layouts, zoning and planning for efficient shopping and delivering processes in warehouse operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Solid knowledge of bill of materials, labor standards and routing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing, Waste Elimination and Floor Kaizen.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong aptitude for details
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization;
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities.