Process Engineer (Thermoforming)
Within the Global Manufacturing Engineering Fabric & Dish Care organization, you will be the main partner to R&D leading ME activities related to new products (Horizontal Axis Washing Machines) in the earliest stages of the development.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
Global Manufacturing Engineering - Food Preservation Organization is looking for a motivated Automation and Core Technologies specialist for the Thermoforming area, to join our global team and be part of our company transformation.
Food Preservation is the Group’s largest global product category, and it is crucial for the Group’s profitable growth ambition. This category is executing multiple key transformation programs that will deliver world-class product architectures to offer consumer relevant and differentiated benefits within the areas of Taste (freshness), accessibility, and sustainability (healthy taste and food waste).
Within Global Operations, the Group Leverage execution requires strong leadership for architecture, technologies and components, roadmaps and management in collaboration with Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering. This will lead to new levels of productivity, quality and performance.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
You will report to the Director and you will have as main interfaces in the organization: Global R&D Food Preservation, Advanced Technology & Development, Manufacturing Engineering (Sectors & Plants) and Quality.
• Own the internal know-how and capabilities of specific core manufacturing processes relating to food preservation processes – mainly in thermoforming and extrusion
• Own and periodically update the related Process Optimization Book, Factory Model and drive the factories towards their compliance targets.
• Create and maintain global specifications for equipment and processes.
• Research, validate and recommend new technologies and methods for Thermoforming including methods to maximize energy efficiency and automation readiness
• Planning and optimization of new equipment, and collaborate with Capex team to ensure the optimization of equipment procurement.
• Standardize of equipment through strategic capital investments.
• Support the ongoing digital manufacturing transformation
- Maintain global database on relevant process metrics including sensors, 3d layouts and simulations.
• Maintain the global process forum and facilitate sharing of best practice information and problem solving.
• Drive automation support, including fitness for automation evaluation.
-Develop and drive best practice implementation across the Company
In particular you will work with plants & sector Manufacturing Engineering to:
- Define core manufacturing processes for Thermoforming
- Improve quality and performance, improve labor, material and fixed overhead costs
- Optimize energy efficiency and overhead costs.
You will collaborate with R&D to:
- Facilitate DFMA on new assembly line components
- Define Core Technology Road Map.
• A true team player: You work in a Matrix Organization and with virtual Teams.
• Problem-solver: You see challenge as opportunity.•Go the extra mile: You take initiative and work proactively to deliver results.
• Solid knowledge of Thermoforming technology.
• Bachelor degree required in a technical field
• Minimum 5 years Manufacturing engineering background.
• Ability to travel internationally 30% of the time.