Process Technician- 1st Shift- Springfield, TN (T)
1ST SHIFT: MON - FRI - 6AM TO 2:30PM E-LINE
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Process Technician is considered an expert of manufacturing processes and equipment. This Process Technician is responsible for adjustments, equipment set-up, autonomous maintenance, daily reports, and training equipment operators to assure production plan is accomplished in a safe, efficient, and productive manner with a high degree of quality in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Process Technician must be able to operate various forms of equipment and teach new employees’ proper operation of the equipment. Process Technicians are also responsible for daily productivity in their equipment and data analysis.
- Lead change overs and equipment adjustments based on quality and cycle time requirements. Assist Maintenance Technicians in installation, debugging, repair and maintenance of production equipment.
- Perform tasks related to autonomous maintenance, changeovers, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects.
- Troubleshoot and process problems to return equipment to manufacturing capabilities with minimal downtime. Diagnose process defects and equipment failure, and solve problems with minimal scrap and downtime.
- Create new standards with manufacturing engineers and technicians to improve equipment stability.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers and other maintenance technicians in a team environment to ensure efficient operation of machinery and to implement process improvements.
- Enter maintenance work orders for the equipment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Experience with appropriate process (Enamel, Welding, Paint, Pre-Painted Metal Stamping, Metal Fabrication, Automation), or 1 year experience coupled with Technical associate degree (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics).
- Associate degree in maintenance technology and/ or technical trade certificate a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed repair reports.
- Ability to lead others and experience in training others in autonomous maintenance.
- Knowledge of Design/Solid Works or AutoCAD.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Blueprint Reading.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- This position is very active and requires frequent (4 to 12 hours) standing, walking (on concrete surfaces), bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, climbing, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead, (Or otherwise awkward positions necessary to fix equipment).
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds with assistance
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees repeatedly.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Ability to operate a scissor lift, boom, and bucket lift and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work will require very fine dexterity, tactile sensitivity, and extreme muscular control of the hands.