Process Technician - 2nd Shift- Springfield, Tn (P)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Process Technician is considered an expert of manufacturing processes and
equipment. This Process Technician is
responsible for adjustments, equipment, die set-up, autonomous maintenance,
daily reports, and training equipment operators to assure production plan is
accomplished in a safe, efficient, and productive manner with a high degree of
quality in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Process Technician must be able to
operate various forms of equipment and teach proper operation of the equipment. Process Technicians are also responsible for
daily productivity in their equipment and data analysis.
- Lead change overs and equipment adjustments based on quality and cycle time requirements. Assist Maintenance Technicians in installation, debugging, repair and maintenance of production equipment.
- Perform tasks related to Autonomous Maintenance (AM), changeovers, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects.
- Troubleshoot and process problems in order to return equipment to manufacturing capabilities with minimal downtime. Diagnose process defects and equipment failure, and solve problems with minimal scrap and downtime.
- Create new standards with manufacturing engineers and technicians to improve equipment stability and training materials.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers and other maintenance technicians in a team environment to ensure efficient operation of machinery and to implement process improvements.
- Enter maintenance Work Orders and Work Requests for the equipment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School diploma / GED, or 3 years Mechatronic or relevant industry experience and/or trade certificate.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Participate in root cause analysis (RCA) of equipment or parts.
- Safely comply with health, safety & environmental requirements education/work experience.
- Knowledge of appropriate process (Enamel, Welding, Paint, Pre-Painted Metal Stamping, Metal Fabrication, Automation).
- May be required to work weekends/shutdowns based on set up needs of equipment.
- Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- Ability to set-up, operate and perform autonomous maintenance on fully automated heavy equipment in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical support personnel.
- Ability to ensure product is built to specification in a quality manner.
- Ability to understand and use INFOR (after training) our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and be able to conform to our work order/request procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to know and use various hand tools.
- Demonstrated Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Associate degree in maintenance technology and/ or technical trade certificate.
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed repair reports.
- Ability to lead others and experience in training others in autonomous maintenance.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Principles/Six Sigma.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not limited to, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires frequent (4 to 12 hours) standing, walking (on concrete surfaces), bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, climbing, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead, (Or otherwise awkward positions necessary to fix equipment).
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds with assistance
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees repeatedly.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Ability to operate a scissor lift, boom, and bucket lift and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work will require very fine dexterity, tactile sensitivity, and extreme muscular control of the hands.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.