Process Technician- 2nd Shift - Springfield, Tn (P)
Process Technician is considered an expert of manufacturing processes and
Process Technician is responsible for adjustments, equipment set-up, autonomous
maintenance, daily reports, and training equipment operators to assure
production plan is accomplished in a safe, efficient, and productive manner
with a high degree of quality in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Process Technician must be able to
operate various forms of equipment and teach proper operation of the equipment. Process Technicians are also responsible for
daily productivity in their equipment and data analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead change overs and equipment adjustments based on quality and cycle time requirements. Assist Maintenance Technicians in installation, debugging, repair and maintenance of production equipment.
- Perform tasks related to Autonomous Maintenance (AM), changeovers, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects.
- Troubleshoot and process problems in order to return equipment to manufacturing capabilities with minimal downtime. Diagnose process defects and equipment failure, and solve problems with minimal scrap and downtime
- Create new standards with manufacturing engineers and technicians to improve equipment stability.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers and other maintenance technicians in a team environment to ensure efficient operation of machinery and to implement process improvements
- Enter maintenance Work Orders and Work Requests for the equipment.
- Associates Degree in Mechatronics and/or relevant field, or at least 5 years experience in a relevant industry/role (i.e. Press operation, metal fabrication et.al.)
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Participate in root cause analysis (RCA) of equipment or parts.
- Safely comply with health, safety & environmental requirements education/work experience.
- Combination of Experience and certifications with appropriate process (i.e. Enamel, Welding, Paint, Pre-Painted Metal Stamping, Metal Fabrication, Automation et.al.).
- May be required to work weekends/shutdowns based on set up needs of equipment.
- Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- Proven past ability to set-up, operate and perform autonomous maintenance on fully automated heavy equipment in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical support personnel.
- Ability to ensure product is built to specification in a quality manner.
- Ability to understand (after training) INFOR our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and be able to conform to our work order/request procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to know and use various hand tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Associate degree in maintenance technology and/ or technical trade certificate.
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed repair reports.
- Ability to lead others and experience in training others in autonomous maintenance.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Principles/Six Sigma
The physical demands described here are representative, but not limited to, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is very active and requires frequent (4 to 12 hours) standing, walking (on concrete surfaces), bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, climbing, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead, (Or otherwise awkward positions necessary to fix equipment).
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds with assistance
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees repeatedly.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Ability to operate a scissor lift, boom, and bucket lift and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work will require very fine dexterity, tactile sensitivity, and extreme muscular control of the hands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.