Process Technician, Technology
The Process Technician is considered an expert of manufacturing processes and equipment. This Process Technician is responsible for adjustments, equipment set-up, autonomous maintenance, daily reports, and training equipment operators to assure production plan is accomplished in a safe, efficient, and productive manner with a high degree of quality in a fast paced manufacturing environment. The Process Technician must be able to operate various forms of equipment, and teach new employees proper operation of the equipment. Process Technicians are also responsible for daily productivity in their equipment and data analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead change overs and equipment adjustments based on quality and cycle time requirements. Assist Maintenance Technicians in installation, debugging, repair and maintenance of production equipment.
Perform tasks related to autonomous maintenance, changeovers, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects.
Troubleshoot and process problems in order to return equipment to manufacturing capabilities with minimal downtime. Diagnose process defects and equipment failure, and solve problems with minimal scrap and downtime
Create new standards with manufacturing engineers and technicians to improve equipment stability.
Work closely with manufacturing engineers and other maintenance technicians in a team environment to ensure efficient operation of machinery and to implement process improvements
Enter maintenance work orders for the equipment.
• High School diploma or GED
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Lead and participate in root cause analysis of equipment or parts.
• Safely comply with health, safety & environmental requirements education/work experience.
• Experience with appropriate process (Enamel, Welding, Paint, Pre-Painted Metal Stamping, Metal Fabrication, Automation), or 1 year experience coupled with Technical Associate’s Degree (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics).
• May be required to work weekends/shutdowns based on set up needs of equipment.
• Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
• The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
• Proven past ability to set-up, operate and perform autonomous maintenance on fully automated heavy equipment in a high speed manufacturing environment
• Excellent communication skills and ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical support personnel
• Ability to ensure product is built to specification in a quality manner
• Experience in Microsoft Office
• Associate’s degree in maintenance technology and/ or technical trade certificate a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed repair reports.
• Ability to lead others and experience in training others in autonomous maintenance.
• Knowledge of Design/Solid Works or AutoCAD
• Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Blue Print Reading