Process Testing Engineer
You are the specialist for global testing core technology and responsible for On-Line and End-Of-Line test of household appliances. Your challenge is to define global standard processes in the areas of testing and distribute them to the global manufacturing business areas. Therefore, you ensure standardized and best in class factory EOL testing and flashing process within the food preservation product line. This also means to drive process & equipment standardization, constantly improving process efficiency and product quality across the product line engineering departments.
A regular day at work:
- Support manufacturing operations to manage and improve Testing, factory flashing of electronics and connectivity of household appliance
- Create global standards and procedures for End Of Line test processes and ensure their compliance with relevant technical standards in alignment with R&D and Quality
- Develop, define and standardize automated on-line tests for refrigerators and freezers
- Prepare technical specifications for purchasing testing equipment, including safety and technical requirements according to the global manufacturing engineering guidelines
- Supervise equipment installation in cooperation with plant manufacturing engineering
- Determinate and implement next steps to drive further assembly testing and flashing automation projects
- Provide support to R&D departments in product development projects and updates
- Initiate and lead developments of new testing equipment and procedures with suppliers
- Analytical – With your analytical and methodical problem-solving skills you always approach good solutions.
- Goal orientated – You have a clear picture where you want to go, how to achieve it and to collaborate with the right people.
- Open minded – You enjoy working in an international and truly multicultural environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization – You build a strong and lasting internal network across functions and regions.
- Technical/Engineering University Degree (Bachelor or Master, Electronics, Mechatronics, Manufacturing, Business Engineer) preferred
- Professional experience in the manufacturing industry within factory, plant environment
- Profound knowledge about test and measurement techniques, electrical standards, automation, ESD problematics
- Basic knowledge in database structures, C-programming, Microcontrollers, IT systems (Windows and Linux) and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in System installation and validation with purchased equipment in an industrial engineering environment
- Basic knowledge of programming interfaces (SPI, ICC, SWD, …)
- Experience in project management and new product introduction
- Experience with electrical cabinets, interfaces, industrial equipment specification
- Knowledge of safety and industrial standards (esp. electrical testing places)
- Basics of statistical analysis, Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
- Business fluent English skills, Spanish is a plus