Product Care Engineer
To support the engineering team responsible for managing product lifecycle through development and implementation of cost reduction solutions, quality improvement initiatives, and new model creation.
To provide factory support as representative of product care team located at the manufacturing location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and implementation of cost out pipeline to meet company’s yearly cost reduction target
- Development and implementation of technical solutions to improve quality performance of washers and dryers
- Development and implementation of new model variants to support creation of competitive product line
- Product industrialization
- Perform first analysis of line and field rejected parts
- Functional test spec definition
- Data management of functional test results
- First analysis and disposition of deviations
- Support implementation of new and/or modified components in manufacturing
- Ownership of Bill of Materials updates
- Represent engineering function in the first part approval process
- New variant documentation
- Spare part and obsolescence management
- Mechanical Engineering Degree. (preference)
- Master Degree and/or specialization degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in design engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience in both product development and manufacturing introduction.
- Home appliance product knowledge. Washer and dryer design knowledge is a plus.
- Process and result oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- English 85% proficient
- Spanish preferred