Product Care Engineer
Coordinates and manages engineering projects to support cost, quality, and factory goals with a focus on improvements to existing products, but also supporting new product launches when necessary. Provides support for supplier development and strategies as it pertains to engineering regional and global directives. Responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Manages time to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints. Works with all departments, vendors, and customers within the scope of the project. Provides engineering project status updates as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and Manage Cost reduction and Quality improvement projects from conception to implementation to achieve company goals.
- Analyze test data and correlate to product design improvements.
- Analyze customer complaints, Service technician’s feedback and test data to propose design improvements.
- Design, develop, and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met.
- Initiate relevant project and change documentation (ECN’s, IR’s, Deviations, etc).
- Lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
- Conduct design reviews with diligence and accuracy.
- Create and maintain a historical log of projects completed and in process.
- Provide updates to management and project teams as required.
- Develop business cases with investment and cost budgets, develop milestone schedules and execute projects within published time line.
- Coordinate with suppliers on innovative projects and product development.
- Support manufacturing processes by providing technical leadership and support to resolve assembly problems and concerns.
- Operate productively in a cross-functional and diverse workplace utilizing the global experience within the corporation.
- Execute other assignments as deemed strategically required by top management.
Coordinate implementation of design changes taking into account lead times and inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical)
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience preferred
- Demonstrated product engineering proficiency is required
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development and project management, design concept generation, decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies
- Experience in purchasing processes, should cost models, RFQ’s, MOU’s and sourcing boards preferred.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD modeling software, CATIA V5 strongly preferred
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management(PLM) tooks, TeamCenter strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong aptitude for details
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and good judgment
- 6 Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt. GE/ASQ experience is a plus
- Lean manufacturing experience, EMS system is a plus
- Manufacturing/Quality/R&D experience, appliance industry is a plus.
- Experience with supplier workshops, tear downs, and “walking” manufacturing lines
- Financial analysis, total cost, business case experience is preferred
- PPAP’s approval, ECN’s generation, and approval experience
- Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- No traveling restrictions
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.