Product Care Engineer
Coordinates and manages activities/projects to support cost, quality, and factory goals on daily production and new product launches. Provides support for supplier development and strategies as it pertains to engineering regional and global directives. Responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Manages time to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints. Works with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the project. Provides engineering project status updates as required.
- Provide engineering expertise as related to cost and factory support.
- Analyze test data and correlate to product design improvements.
- Assist in the establishment of development requirements for product changes and help execute them to meet objectives.
- Complete activities/projects necessary to achieve company quality and cost goals.
- Create and maintain a historical log of projects completed and in process.
- Provide updates to management and project teams as required.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Conduct design reviews with diligence and accuracy.
- Maintain orderly and correct project files.
- Ability to write and interpret project schedules.
- Give written and oral presentations when required.
- Operate productively in a cross functional and diverse workplace utilizing the global experience within the corporation.
- Execute other assignments as deemed strategically required by top management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 0-3 Years of related experience
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience preferred
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Experience on purchasing processes, should cost models, RFQ’s, MOU’s and sourcing boards preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills.
- Strong aptitude for details.
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and good judgment.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt. GE/ASQ experience is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing/Quality/R&D experience in the appliance industry is a plus.
- Financial analysis, total cost, business case experience is preferred.
- Micro-Soft Office skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset.