Product Care Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will work closely with current product design team, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of consumer products. This position has input over the design, quality, continuous improvement, investment, and cost of the current product. You will help to coordinate and plan project-scoping activities to effectively outline project metrics and deliverables for goal establishment for current products. You will also participate in all aspects of a project from inception through the implementation in production and ensure variant generation and implementation of product improvement actions (cost/quality on existing products).
- Provide technical support to the factory solving of short-term problems and ensure project or technical solutions transfer to production.
- Develop project investment and cost budgets—capital, cost, and expense estimation to develop product targets for financial viability review.
- Develop milestone schedules and execute a project within published timeline as well as develop, outline, and manage project resources (internal and external (suppliers)) to meet project deliverables
- Product design responsibility for components/assemblies, ability to analyze, create, problem solve and apply best practices to ensure successful product introduction and product life cycle using tools such as: stage gate development process, risk assessments, design reviews, DFMEA’s, proper design verification considering agency and company guide lines, customer contact specifications and all other required specifications.
- Accountability for design and problem resolution to design, develop and implement robust designs with proper verification, validation, and manufacturing sign off for seamless product introduction and after production implementation support.
- Coordinate technical/engineering and project activities throughout the organization to effectively execute in accordance for published targets and management expectations (cost, timeline, investment, quality, etc)
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical degree
- Understanding of engineering principles, project management and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features for refrigeration group
- Understanding of materials and processes used in product design; plastics, metal fabrication, glass, etc
- Experience with computer applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and 3-D design software
- Preferred experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry a plus
- Preferred experience with root cause analysis, problem solving methodology, design for manufacturing, and Lean / Six Sigma Toolbox