Product Care Engineer
Provides direction and expertise of various engineering entities related to new product introductions, support of purchasing cost reduction efforts, design changes, deviations and design engineering support in a day-to-day manufacturing environment. Activities include Design Engineering, maintaining Agency compliance (DOE, UL/CSA), testing functions to ensure reliability of manufacturing processes, regulatory product compliance (US DOE) and to act as liaison between the Technical Center and manufacturing on design changes for products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommends methods, materials and layouts for continuous improvement and innovative projects based on manufacturing and engineering design needs and capabilities.
- Supports Cost reduction, product quality improvement, purchasing and new product development efforts.
- Conducts engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
- Works directly with manufacturing and quality management in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- Ensures design changes are implemented seamlessly and associated changes do not create unanticipated downtime.
- Ensures all platforms meet or exceed energy requirements via routine audits based on Department of Energy requirements.
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position.
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to:
- Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials.
- Responsible for applying all the requirements related to EMS, ISO 9001 / 14001
- Bachelor Degree Electromechanical , Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineer preferred.
- Must have knowledge of CATIA or CAD.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- English written and spoken 50%.
- Process and equipment transference.
- Ability to work with suppliers.
- Able to travel.