Product Care Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Product Care Engineer coordinates and manages engineering projects to support cost, quality, and factory goals with a focus on improvements to existing products, but also supporting new product launches when necessary. This position provides support for supplier development and strategies as it pertains to engineering regional and global directives.
- Lead and Manage Cost reduction and Quality improvement projects from conception to implementation to achieve company goals.
- Analyze test data and correlate to product design improvements.
- Analyze customer complaints, Service technician’s feedback and test data to propose design improvements.
- Design, develop, and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met. Initiate relevant project and change documentation (ECN’s, IR’s, Deviations, etc.).
- Lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
- Conduct design reviews with diligence and accuracy.
- Create and maintain a historical log of projects completed and in process.
- Provide updates to management and project teams as required.
- Develop business cases with investment and cost budgets, develop milestone schedules, and execute projects within published timeline.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical).
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated product engineering proficiency is required.
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development and project management, design concept generation, decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD modeling software, CATIA V5 preferred.
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools, TeamCenter preferred.
- Part approval and Engineering change process experience.
- Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
- Occasional travel required.