Product Care Engineer - Cost Out & Quality
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will coordinate and manage engineering projects to support cost, quality, and factory goals with a focus on improvements to existing products, but also supporting new product launches when necessary. You will provide support for supplier development and strategies as it pertains to engineering regional and global directives and be responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. You will manage time to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints and work with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the project. Provides engineering project status updates as required. You will help to design, develop, and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. You will also develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met and initiate relevant project and change documentation (ECN’s, IR’s, Deviations, etc).
- Lead and manage cost reduction and quality improvement projects from conception to implementation to achieve company goals
- Analyze test data and correlate to product design improvements and coordinate with suppliers on innovative projects and product development
- Analyze customer complaints, Service technician’s feedback and test data to propose design improvements
- Lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes and provide updates to management and project teams as required
- Conduct design reviews with diligence and accuracy and create and maintain a historical log of projects completed and in process
- Develop business cases with investment and cost budgets, develop milestone schedules and execute projects within published timeline
- Support manufacturing processes by providing technical leadership and support to resolve assembly problems and concerns
- Coordinate implementation of design changes considering lead times and inventory levels
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical)
- Demonstrated product engineering proficiency and general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies is required
- Part approval and Engineering change process experience using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools (TeamCenter preferred)
- Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, Project
- Experience with supplier workshops, tear downs, and “walking” manufacturing lines
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development and project management, design concept generation, decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD modeling software (CATIA V5 preferred)
- 6 Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt. GE/ASQ, Lean manufacturing experience, EMS system experience is a plus
- Manufacturing/Quality/R&D experience, appliance industry and Plastics / Sheet Metal design development is a plus
- Financial analysis, total cost, business case experience is preferred