Product Care Engineering Manager, NA Fabric Care
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a project engineering team located in the US, Mexico and India responsible for product lifecycle through development and implementation of cost reduction solutions, quality Improvement initiatives, new model variant creation and the new product introduction industrialization process.
- Develop and implement standard processes, and policies for project management across NA Fabric Care facilities to ensure disruption free implementations and maintain or improve product quality.
- Generate and execute the continuous improvement plans for laundry products.
- Lead the development, feasibility and implementation of technical solutions to improve quality performance of washers and dryers to meet company’s goals.
- Lead the design feasibility, development and implementation of new model variants to support for creation of competitive product line.
- Lead the development and implementation of the cost out pipeline to meet yearly cost reduction yearly goal.
- Review, recommend, and approve contracts, cost estimates, purchasing negotiations and contract proposals with suppliers.
- Perform administrative functions, such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, or purchasing of materials or services.
- Define and track the budget for product care team within the R&D department.
- Confer with Product Management to define a product road map that ensures a competitive cost and first class quality product through design and supplier improvements.
- Oversee the development of Product Plans and define Line up and Marketing strategies to make a cost competitive and quality product.
- Identify product cost reduction opportunities through the use of Competitive Product Benchmark analysis and Competitor Teardown process.
- Ensure the Implementation of Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC-Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) in the product improvement process.
- Lead cross functional cost out idea generation activities like BOM analysis and comparison, Supplier workshops, Walk the line among others.
- Lead cross functional quality improvement idea generation activities like SCR (Service Call Rate) call analysis, tech rides, supplier workshops, teardowns.
- Manage the team’s professional development through identifying training needs and coaching.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, or findings to Company leadership and clients.
- Generate and coordinate Synergies and Modularity efforts with Global teams in Europe, Asia and South America.
- Execute company's environmental initiatives like Recycled resins, use of scrap material and sustainable packaging by evaluating cost and performance impacts and design to comply.
- Ensure a problem free implementation of the design changes in the manufacturing process by working closely with Industrial Engineering and Production teams.
- Responsible for making necessary changes to the product design to comply with agency regulations and environmental goals.
- Travel up to 20% to factories, R&D facilities, and suppliers in Mexico, Italy, Brazil, India and China.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering and two years’ experience: managing a project engineering team within the home appliance industry; developing product plans to produce a cost competitive and qualify product; utilizing Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC-Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) in the product improvement process; developing cost out and continuous improvement plans; leading cross functional quality improvement activities like SCR (Service Call Rate) call analysis, tech rides, supplier workshops, teardowns; managing a team located in multiple site including Mexico, US and India.
- Requires travel up to 20% to factories, R&D facilities, and suppliers in Mexico, Italy, Brazil, India and China.