Product Care Technical Leader
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The overall responsibility of the Quality Leader is to provide day to day technical support and leadership to a team of Design Quality and Cost Out Engineers responsible for supporting the Company’s initiatives to drive quality improvement and Cost Reduction projects consisting of component redesign, material changes, supplier opportunities.
- Provide coaching, leadership, development and technical support team members in Mexico, India, and the US to grow knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Support Development of continuous improvement culture within team by establishing and maintaining an environment where new ideas and solutions are encouraged, evaluated, quantified, and implemented with a high sense of urgency.
- Provides leadership and direction to Quality and Cost Out Engineers responsible for driving the development and implementation of cross-functional activities with strong focus on meeting deadlines and company targets.
- Responsible for participating and/or leading new product development project teams, to provide quality input to product designs and manufacturing concepts.
- Work closely with suppliers and the manufacturing plant to facilitate the implementation of projects.
- Provides Engineering support to facilitate rapid resolution of customer complaints.
- Analyzes data from various sources (including, but not limited to: Consumer Reviews, CEC, TID, Tech Feedback and customer satisfaction surveys) to drive decision-making and effective corrective/preventive actions.
- Collaborate very closely with Service organization to understand consumer issues as they are being serviced and evaluate and prioritizes the development of a robust solution.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines, and handle fast paced critical work environment.
- Provide technical guidance to Engineers for the development and approval of test plans and part quality plans for designed and/or resourced components and assemblies.
- Ability to lead, implement, and follow up projects off site from production facility located in Juarez, Mexico with ability to travel to the plant to help coordinate, implement, and identify projects.
- Prepare timely, clear, and detailed Project Status presentations to Business Leaders along with strong analysis of data (SCR, Consumer Star Ratings, NRFT, Tech Feedback) to support design solutions.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience providing direct/indirect leadership to engineering team.
- Demonstrated experience in both product development and introduction of new technologies
- Home appliance product knowledge a plus.
- Strong understanding of Quality Systems and Processes.
- Strong analytical skills are a must with the ability to understand part design and blueprint reading.
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development and project management, design concept generation, decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD modeling software, CATIA V5 preferred.
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools, TeamCenter preferred.
- Strong Microsoft office experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard, lab equipment, tools, and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is to have the ability to use a two-wheel cart to move laundry units weighing up to 300 lbs. The employee is required to disassemble units and put back together using appropriate tools. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.