Product Cost Manager - Food Preparation
SHAPE THE FUTURE, ONE APPLIANCE AT A TIME
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
To achieve this, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
This position can located in Springfield, TN or Anderson, SC as well.
The Product Costing function resides within Electrolux’s Group Finance organization and is responsible for driving the cost management agenda in the areas of new product development (NPD) and product lifecycle management (PLM), for all product lines on a global level. With hundreds of NPD projects on a yearly basis, the team plays a critical role in ascertaining the profitability of our next-generation appliances.
For the Costing Function team, we are now looking for Cost Managers, who will be accountable for managing and tracking product cost along the NPD process. You will lead cross-functional project teams to identify and achieve product cost targets, applying state of the art costing methods, systems and processes. Moreover, Cost Managers will work closely with the Cost Modelers, who will provide should-costing information. Each Cost Manager will be primarily focused on a certain product range, albeit some flexibility will be required to cover the most prioritized projects.
This is your chance to become a crucial part of a revolutionizing new organization in Electrolux and the Home Appliances industry. We offer great potential for personal and professional growth, and in exchange we count on your commitment, curiosity and eagerness to create value by bringing cost excellence to the next level.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Tracking product cost and managing potential deviations during product development phases, to ensure business case profit is met
· Working with Business Area and Product Line to define specifications and top-down target cost
· Gathering proposals, specifications, historical data, market trends and should cost-data from e.g., Cost Modelers, and liaising with stakeholders to determine bottom-up target cost
· Leading the product cost workstream within the cross-functional project team (R&D, PMO, Category, Design, Manufacturing, Purchasing etc.) to:
o track cost
o examine the gap between top-down and bottom-up target cost
o propose solutions to close this gap
· Aligning with stakeholders and supporting management decisions by providing appropriate cost information and data
· Coaching and mentoring stakeholders in good costing practices, to develop costing capabilities cross-functionally
· Applying costing methodologies, tools and appropriate software models to prepare and maintain reliable and accurate data
· Delivering on functional and project costing KPIs to ensure that the company is achieving cost excellence
· Bachelor's Degree required
· At least 5 years of professional experience, preferably in an analytical position in a manufacturing environment
· Experience from product costing in a product development related context e.g., product cost optimization, value engineering, DFMA, target cost ambition setting
· Hands-on experience from using automated cost models, cost database, cost factors and/or cost-estimating related tools
· Advanced proficiency in MS office (experience from costing tools like TcPCM, Apriori etc. is a strong merit)
· Excellent English, both written and verbal
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Our Consumer Experience organization is a global team dedicated to shaping living for the better – transforming business, industry and our consumers lives! Does that appeal to you? This may just be the position you're looking for. Consumer Experience spans brand, marketing, design, sustainability, R&D, technology and innovation. We're dedicated to working toward the Electrolux mission to deliver sustainable and outstanding experiences for consumers around the world. Join us!