Product Development Engineer
Bring your vision to work. Bring innovation to life.
We’ve been working at the forefront of shaping living for the better, developing products that meet people’s demands in terms of taste, care and wellbeing, for more than 100 years now. But as consumer needs and wants continue to evolve, we have even more to do. So not only are we best placed to understand emerging needs and deliver life enhancing solutions, we’re the best place for you to bring your potential to life.
A typical day of work:
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the product development of essential consumer products in the Food Preservation category that have national exposure to millions of consumers. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and laboratory, with flexibility to travel, testlaboratories, marketing, industrial design and industrial process towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and development culture using EPM and other Electrolux tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototypes. Product development activities and following the results of the sector she/he must be working together with the rest of the team and will ensure the results always observing the cost, investment and time plan activities.
- Develop technical solutions of a project to include initial scoping, design concept generation using Catia V5, functional prototyping, design validation, manufacturing validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch;
- Follow the Electrolux Project Management activities, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations;
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems;
- Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development;
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail;
- Effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gatherinformation and technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
- Curious - You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- Influential - You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
- Results-driven - Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives.
- Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree;
- Great experience related engineering and/or product development project management experience for Product Development Engineer position;
- CATIA V5 and MS Office knowledge.
- Experience of working in a/within a multicultural, international environment;
- Ability to generate engineering and consumer facing parts 2D and 3D specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met;
- Proficient with new project development activities: design concept generation and decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMA, PFMA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities;
- Proficiency in designing plastic injection molding, thermoforming, extrusion, polyurethane foam injection and metal forming (Stamping, roll-forming, etc.);
- English (advanced);
- Spanish (optional)
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.