Product Development Engineer
The Project Development Engineer is responsible for the design and development of Cooling System Module Solutions to support the global pipeline of New Product Development projects. This person will work autonomously but with mentorship of Senior Engineers to lead Project Management Module gates, delivering presentations, reviewing data, and taking decisions on best practices for Cooling System Modules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop technical subsystems of Cooling System Modules including: creating functional prototypes, testing and design verification, introduction to the market and post launch value engineering plans.
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems.
- Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Effective contribution in collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design
- Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering or related technical AS Degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to generate, execute, and report test plans and results
- Ability to generate engineering specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
- Demonstrated innovation for competitive advantage, through intellectual property submission, publication, and issued patents.
- Ability to align engineering and marketing objectives, with those of the business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products.
- Communication skills to serve as an agent of collaborative innovation, and quality improvement
to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% per year.
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, project management or related field
- E.I.T License