Product Development Engineer
Move to improve. Bring your ideas and expertise to life.
The chosen candidate will be
responsible for lead the product development of essential consumer products in
the Freestanding Architecture that have national and international exposure to
millions of consumers in all sectors (AP, EU, LA, NA). This involves working
with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and laboratory, with
flexibility to travel abroad to others Electrolux Food Preservation plants,
test laboratories, marketing, industrial design, industrial process and sales
towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a
fast-paced environment with superior engineering and development culture using
EPM and other Electrolux tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototyping
facilities product development activities and following the results across the
sectors: Working together with the rest of the team, she/he will ensure the
results always observing the cost, investment and time plan activities.
A typical day
You will develop technical solutions of a project to include initial scoping, design concept generation, functional prototyping, design validation, manufacturing validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch.
You will also follow the Electrolux Project Management activities, with milestones, and specific deliverable to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
You will investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems. Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
You will also apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
And finally, you be an effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
- Curious - You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- Influential - You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
- Results-driven - Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or
degree with a minimum of 2 years related engineering and/or product
development project management experience for Product Development Engineer
- CATIA, MS Office knowledge;
- Experience of working in a / within a multicultural, international environment;
- Ability to generate engineering and aesthetic 2D and 3D specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met;
- Proficient with new project development activities; design concept generation and decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.;
- Proficiency in designing plastic injection molding, thermoforming, extrusion, polyurethane foam injection and metal forming (Stamping, roll-forming, etc.),;
- Spanish (optional).
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.