Product Development Engineer JR
Bring it all together. Even better.
Our Research & Development activity amounts to nothing if we can’t truly bring it to life. And that requires assessing and reviewing and innovating every detail, every day. If you have an eye for detail, share our passion for creating better experiences and never settle, this could you be your next step of many.
A typical day
The chosen candidate will be part of Latin America Cost Out Product Engineering and will be involved to actuate in cost reduction programs. The successful candidate is asked to identify, develop and implement cost reduction projects aligned with a Strategic Plan, Technology Roadmap and Product Line Generation Plan.
- Research and promote feasibility of innovative materials application looking for cost saving and sustainability;
- Develop innovative solutions of components and sub-systems aligned with concepts of DFMA (Design for Manufactory and Assembly) and modularization, working to improve Direct Material and Transformation costs;
- Lead, engage and manage multi-functional team to guarantee deliverables to implement engineering changes and new suppliers approval through cost out programs;
- Keep a clear communication, collaboration and alignment with the main stakeholders in order to stablish and maintain a Technology Roadmap and Strategic Plan of the main commodities;
- Project financial analysis and business case evaluation to apply investments (CAPEX) and provide the best payback;
- Continuously evaluate the competitors launching. Perform benchmarking and teardown;
- Quality improvement and Digital Transformation mindset;
- Commitment with continuous improvement and profitability of the company;
- Fully apply the company’s programs, policies and objectives.
Change starts with you in all the ways you can bring it to life.OrBring it all together. Even better.LocationOur global Research & Development activity amounts to nothing if we can’t truly bring it to life.And that requires assessing and reviewing and innovating every detail, every day. If you have an eye for detail, share our passion for creating better experiences and never settle, this could you be your next step of many.
Who you are
- Curious. You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- Self-starting. With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
- Open-minded. For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- Collaborative. You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Adaptable. With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Problem-solving. You see challenge as opportunity.
- Results-driven. Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives.
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical);
- M.Sc is a plus;
- Skills on components and product modeling in Catia (Desirable);
- Good experience on product development;
- Experience in Project Management;
- Knowledge/experience in plastic and metallic parts design;
- Advanced English;
- Spanish (desirable).
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.