Product Development Engineer – Multidoor Architecture
The chosen candidate will participate on the design and
development of essential consumer products in the Refrigeration – Multidoor
architecture with national and international exposure to millions of consumers
in all sectors (AP, EU, LA, NA). This involves working with a creative,
collaborative team of engineering and laboratory, with flexibility to travel
abroad to others Electrolux Food Preservation plants with high level of
interaction with laboratories, marketing, industrial design, industrial
process, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products.
Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and
development culture using EPM and other Electrolux tools, state-of-the-art
testing and prototyping facilities product development activities and following
the results across the sectors: Working together with the rest of the team,
she/he will ensure the results always observing the cost, investment, and time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop technical solutions of a project through product lifecycle including scoping, designing from concept to production using Catia V5 software, creating functional prototypes, testing and design verification, introduction to the market and post launch value engineering plans.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems. Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage.
- Test and approve Articles of Acceptance to populate the technology “cupboard” for components and sub assembly systems.
- Write risk assessments and contribute to test plans for new components and suppliers.
- Ensure patents are cleared for any developed technology to be used.
- Ensure components have agency compliance certificates.
- Travel domestically and internationally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) with a minimum of 2 CoOps
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats.
- Exhibit appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking, and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and some experience with 3D CAD software (Catia, Solidworks, AutoCad, etc.)
- Ability to organize and manage personal tasks to effectively support multiple projects, for on time, on budget, and excellent quality release.
- Knowledge of injection molded, blow molded and thermo-formed part design and manufacturing.
- Some experience with Catia V5 design software is highly desirable.
- Knowledge about refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/ or appliance industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills.
- Communication skills to serve as an agent of collaborative innovation, and quality improvement.
- Basic understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.