Product Development Project leader
Create and Lead projects & design concepts
and secure specification implementation, responsible for managing resources and
schedules in order to ensure successful implementation of design activities in
new product development, align with design guideline and MAL, DOM and Technology
A TYPICAL DAY
Product design projects management
- Organize and follow-up activities for the new product design projects including:
- New features implementation and esthetical design.
- New product module implementation.
- Platform/category standardization projects.
- New legal requirements.
Organize and follow-up activities for the product development including:
- Periodic alignment with product line and related cross functions.
- Ensuring time schedule for new product and project budget.
- Ensuring compliance with either internal or external safety standards for new product .
Product concept development activities
- Design, develop and modify components and finished assemblies
- Construct 3D CAD models and create detailed drawings using CATIA software
- Coordinate the prototyping, performance and quality verification, tooling quotation, part cost quotation, sourcing, production trials and approval of components and finished assemblies
- Liaise with appropriate departments including Quality, Purchasing, Production, Logistics, Manufacturing Engineering and Tooling Engineering
- Construct and update BOM’s (Bill of Materials), ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices) and manage approval documentation in our systems according internal procedures.
- Participate in FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Prepare timing plans and risk assessments
- Prepare & manage project management, progress tracking, timing plans, risk assessments and the reporting of project status
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical)
- Knowledge about Quality tools (FMEA, PSRA, …)
- CAD-knowledge (Catia)
- PLM-knowledge (Teamcenter)
- Knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
- Knowledge about Electrolux processes (EPM, IQ&EMS)
- Project management.
- Good knowledge of local market requirements and consumer insight
- Good competitors’ knowledge
- Ability to handle complex tasks (Priorities, uncertainties, interfacing a lot of other teams)
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Technical or people leadership experience required.