A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will perform new product development from concept through production based upon Customer/Marketing directives and be responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. You will apply project management principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints while interfacing with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the project. The product engineer provides engineering management periodic status updates, tracks budgets for projects assigned and chairs design and project reviews as required. You will help to develop project schedules to PPAP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives, review and approve all agency test results to ensure they meet all technical and agency requirements.
- Develops cooking product designs from component level integration to complete system development to improve marketability, quality, function, performance, and reliability while maintaining cost objectives
- Plans and approves work performed by the Model Shop, Agency Labs, Drafting, Reliability, and Home Economics
- Prepares and directs preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications) while directing the activities of assigned CAD designers as required on the project
- Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession and oversee disposition of first piece PPAP sample approvals
- Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information
- Leads or participates in special function teams and support production as required while performing all functions as outlined by Engineering Management
- Assists in the establishment of design objectives and executes these designs to meet these objectives while fully supporting company programs, policies and objectives
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful
- information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 2-5 years product design related experience. Position can be filled at a lower level (Product Engineer) with less than 5 years of experience
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience preferred
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies