Product Line Kitchen Category Controller - Cold
Product Line Kitchen Category Controller - Cold
We are now looking for our next Product Line Kitchen Category Controller to join our business sector Major Appliances Europe. You will be based in Stockholm, Sweden and report to Product Line Kitchen Controller of Major Appliances Europe.
A typical day
The PL Kitchen Category Controller will hold a 360 business controller position to drive all financial activities for a product category. You will support and challenge the European category directors in all long- and short-term financial analysis, follow-up and decisions. The role will also be combined with a financial process, functional or IT tool responsibility within the Kitchen PL Controlling team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Management Reporting / Monitor business performance.
• Weekly, monthly and quarterly financial follow-up of one or more of the product line kitchen categories in order to drive optimal business decisions, together with European category director.
• Follow-up and analyze key financials development vs budget and last year aimed at improving the business performance of the Product Category.
• Provide support to the category director in the preparation of business reviews and actively participate in the review.
• Support the Strategic Planning and Integrated Product Planning (IPP) processes of the Product Line.
• Work closely with the Central Finance, Industrial Operations, R&D, Marketing and Sales to ensure financial information flow.
• Ensure that product investment requests and decisions are supported by well thought through commercial plans jointly developed by PL, Sales, and Marketing. Plans should anticipate market and competitive changes and investments should apply target costing methodology.
• Lead the process of developing the variable and fixed overhead cost target structures for all the projects you are responsible for in close collaboration with Operations/Supply Chain Controllers.
• Track the performance of the projects versus the KPIs committed in the IR, recommend corrective actions were possible and feed in learnings to future projects.
• Ensure correct tracking of product cost during the development phase, and comparison with target cost.
• Active participation in the checkpoints meeting.
• Responsible for applying correct documents following Group governance structure of investment process to Sector Board and AB Board.
• Control CAPEX and support European Category Director in the definition of the product cost strategy.
• Liaise with the R&D controllers to ensure in-depth understanding of the R&D budgets and expenses as they pertain to your respective projects
Financial process/functional responsibility:
• Responsibility for one or more of the core financial processes/functional area within the PL Controlling, such as Closing process, Budget & Strategic process or Investment process and/or functional responsibility for P&L, Working Capital or Capex.
• Continuously optimize (automation, standardization, timeliness, data quality) the functional controlling area.
• Continuously share and support team colleagues to create and sustain an open, learning and supportive team environment.
Who you are
Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analyzing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
Collaborative - You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results. A fast thinker with
Energetic - Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
Strategic - You define the agenda and execute it with your team and also across the business with a wide network of stakeholders.
A team player - Able to build teams, develop and lead them to best performance. A true team player that however can stand up to the team when required.
Education & experience
• Master degree economics, business management or finance.
• A minimum of 5 years of business experience.
• Solid experience within controlling.
• Good understanding of the overall financial/business processes (operations, sales
• Fluent in English. Any other language is an advantage.
Contact person: Leila Söderström