Product Line Purchasing Project Specialist
Summary of Duties:
- Act as Purchasing representative on the Food Preservation (Refrigerators & Freezers) Category Management project team and hold responsibility for all purchasing related project deliverables.
- Work with the Food Preservation (Refrigerators & Freezers) Category Management team to understand and deploy category strategy within the new product development projects.
- Review BOM (Bill of Materials) to identify the new components and parts of the new product that will be sourced and new supplier tooling.
- Support RFQs, (Request for Quotes) for new purchased components and parts of new product introduction projects on Food Preservation (Refrigerators and Freezers).
- Support negotiations, the Sourcing board documentation preparation, and the completion of the supplier business awards.
- Review of BOM (Bill of Materials) to identify new components and parts of the new product to source and to coordinate Value-Based Sourcing (VBS), including Early Supply Involvement and Category Workshops. Support cost modeling and estimating for new parts and components through cost model software or the should cost model of the category.
- Involve internal stakeholders (R&D, SD, Q, Design, etc.) At early stage on VBS (Value-Based Sourcing) activities, aiming to create value through effective innovation with strategic suppliers.
- Support supplier new tooling quoting needed to make new components and parts and placing orders according to Capex Purchasing Process and Sourcing Board requirements.
- Participate in Make vs Buy analysis to optimize product and operation costs.
- Determine supply chain lead times and report timeline of the project and critical path from purchasing standpoint. Present weekly updates of the NPI tracker file and Purchasing Scorecard from NPI.
- Complete the reports, charts, and graphs from project information in order to report purchasing progress to the project team and Purchasing Leadership using the NPI tracking file and the Purchasing Scorecard file.
- Support preparations for Sourcing Board using SB template and ISS platform.
- Support supplier capacity and utilization reviews.
- Ensure a coordinated VBS approach across categories.
- Ensure project milestone deliverables, including checkpoint deliverables per EPM (Electrolux Project Management) and to complete the documentation on EPM Platform.
- Support the introduction of new suppliers and act as contact for the cross functional team with the new suppliers.
- Facilitate supplier-led innovation and coordinate with key internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Project Management, or a related field of study and five (5) years of experience in a purchasing related role.
- Experience must include each of the following special skills: Experience in manufacturing environment, including Purchasing systems (AS400, PPRF, PMS) and processes (Capex, Sourcing Board, PPAP); Experience with French Door Bottom Mount, Side by Side, and Top Freezer refrigerators; Experience working with a cross-functional team, specifically R&D, Product Line, and Operations; Project tracking and reporting skills, working with large data sets and complex Excel files; Experience with cost control, including cost modeling, estimating, and supplier negotiations; and Experience with program management processes and checkpoints (EPM process).