Consumer & Customer Care
Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of the Ownership Solutions (OS) organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
The individual in this position supports strategic initiatives for Ownership Solution Division Product Lines, Service Delivery and Operations. This role ensures compliance with the Electrolux internal processes, and promotes personal accountability across all projects and programs; also actively participates in creating standard approaches in developing and improving project management tools and methodologies.
As Product Manager, you lead the development of and execution of the product lifecycle for the Installation Accessories and Garbage Waste Disposer categories, in order to achieve revenue generation and profit goals.
You will utilize marketplace business intelligence, customer relationship knowledge, regional installation code regulation and consumer insight research programs to manage the product development pipeline.
The role is comprehensive with ownership over product development definition, feasibility, design, engineering and quality verification, sourcing selection, production launch and post-launch maintenance phases.
It requires curiosity and willingness to work in a flexible fashion that drives you to continuously test new strategies, tools and products to maximize performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development, launch, and management of new products in Ownership Solutions
- Assist in the development of the 5 year strategic business plan and the 5 year product roadmap including SASS solutions where appropriate
- Evaluate potential outside partnerships for generation of product ideas and concepts – i.e. agency, supplier, platform providers, technology specialist; Establish and maintain relationships with external partners as signed
- Collaborate with Legal, Compliance and Risk teams for areas such as, product testing, claim territory evaluation, Structure the legal contract guidelines for commercial business needs – ie. IP, joint development, Industrial Design, rights to source and distribute
- Lead consumer insight to steer product development direction for the product roadmap
- Execute on product development and maintenance in compliance with phase gates and required documentation for approval, including Bill of Material development (BOM) and product associations related to system set up
- Develop R&D, capital investment & outline marketing SG&A investment planning to support NPI using financial modeling and forecasting. Ensure NPI are in line with budget and deliver committed ROI
- Own the profit and loss statement for the product line and has accountability to deliver Net Sales and CTF financial metrics
- Work with sales and finance to establish pricing strategy to maximize growth, profit and market penetration
- Assist Finance in the development and management of the annual business plan including monthly and quarterly P&L maintenance
- Execute competitive benchmarking activities and partner with OS B2B & D2C Sales for enhanced placement & promotional plans
- Collaborate cross functionally with all key stakeholders including marketing to ensure commercialization plans are accurate with the correct product feature messaging
- Execute product maintenance activities like accurate master data management, compliance, claims documentation, packaging etc. This role is responsible for providing accurate technical information of existing and new products and approving any technical specification related deliverables
- Support sales team to increase penetration in existing sales channels and in launching new channels
- Partner with R&D/Purchasing/Quality teams to find innovative solutions for cost reductions and quality improvements.
- Good understanding of quality testing procedures and corrective action processes.
- Partner with the OS PMO team on management of PDR reporting, execution, schedules, and tracking of all aspects of a project from inception through production launch, including investment and cost budgets to meet financial targets
- Execute on other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years related experience required in consumer packaged goods, product line management or product marketing
- Stage gate development processes, merchandising, design reviews, project planning, tracking and milestone schedule management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Expertise in product life cycle management
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies including test driven product development
- Creative, personally committed, resourceful problem solver capable of leading a project from inception through project implementation
- Able to handle multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal formats
- Proven dedication and project ownership required
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including but not limited to Excel, Word, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Flexibility in travel
- Experience with durable white goods appliance industry and/or any after-market products and services industry a plus
DESIRED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
- Energy: Inspires and engages people while fostering a culture of accountability and ownership.Drives and delivers business results in a short and long-term perspective.
- Openness:Encourages cross-collaboration, leveraging on diversity and open feedback.Keeps the end consumer and customers in mind through an outside-in perspective.
- Agility: Analyzes and adapts to different people and situations, remaining composed during ambiguity.Quickly understands and reacts to changes and takes decisions despite instabilities and uncertainties.
- Growth:Develops talents and learns new skills beyond own business needs.Explores new business ideas and continuously improves to build core capabilities.
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Travel is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent communication with internal and external customers helping them trouble shoot any problems. This position also requires the employee to communicate with external vendors on a regular basis and with senior management on a frequent basis.