Product Manager - Food Preservation
As Product Manager Food Preservation*, you support the Category Manager to develop and maintain the Category strategic plans, successfully launch new products and manage the categories in the market.
A Typical Day
You will engage in a range of activities that enable increased speed to market and operational excellence. You will spend time with our customers, alongside key members of the sales team. This forward facing interaction will provide value to our customer, providing specialist insights into our product and increasing brand confidence.
You will take ownership of ensuring all system data inputs are delivered on time ensuring the broader business has the most up to date information concerning your product portfolio. Activities you will be involved in may include (but are not limited to):
· Supporting new product development through assisting in opportunity assessments and detailed product business plans
· Project manage designated product launches including support materials and launch activity, securing commitment from all company functions
· Communicate new product launch activity to the business
· Efficient phase in/phase out for product launches/deletions
· Monitor success of launches against business plan
· Ensure of category growth through new product, promotion and pricing strategies by identifying opportunities in new and existing areas of business
· Maintain accurate product information
· Maintain competitor analysis – product, pricing and promotion
· Price Policy Review and Recommendations
· Coordinate implementation of agreed category and promotional plans
· Prepare and deliver internal and external presentations
*Your categories you manage may be subject to change over time.
Who You Are
· Passionate – about the consumer and in delivering simply outstanding experiences.
· Organised - you set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals
· Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· Dynamic – you have the ability to think in a creative and strategic way,but are adept at delivering operationally to ensure tasks are followed through to completion.
· Energetic - Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, and be accountable for their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
· Negotiator - Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels across by building strong interpersonal relationships.
· Fast learner – with the ability to adapt quickly in unfamiliar situations.
· Data driven – with strong analytical skills that form the basis of your decision making.
· Previous industry experience in Consumer Durables would be an advantage.
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely