Product Manager - Laundry
Luton, United Kingdom
Tell the stories that put Electrolux at heart of homes around the world.
Electrolux is a successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm. Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been around for more than 100 years and our success is attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and Environmental awareness govern all that we do. Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
YOUR MAIN TASKS:
Objectives of the Role:
Reporting into the Head of Product Line Care, the Product Manager will be responsible for optimizing the Laundry product range, implementing the Product Line strategies in the UK & Ireland Cluster and working closely with the Central and local Commercial Teams on pricing, promotional planning and analysis, product launches and delivering initiatives such as New Energy Labelling.
Working with the Head of Product Line, the Product Manager will be responsible for developing our strategy for value, pricing, share and profitability and execute this on a daily basis. As this role is responsible for quickly and profitably growing our market share, the product manager will be required to demonstrate an ‘always on’ growth mindset that can switch easily between mid-to-long term strategic thinking and dynamic daily trading. Having the ability to identify trading opportunities is vital to deliver growth or close gaps in the plan within this highly competitive market.
The product manager will also be responsible for supporting the Head of Product Line to manage the flow of information back to Central from the UK&I Cluster taking an active role in the Central PL forums to ensure the UK&I Cluster requirements are heard and considered when shaping the future strategy. In doing so the Product Manager will need to share best practices, collaborate on local initiatives and develop ideas with both the European Care team and the UK&I Product Line Taste team.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carry out ongoing in-depth market analysis to include benchmarking competitors, review of price segments, promotions and new products to market.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge, understanding and analysis of the market, our own products and our competitors’ products and positioning.
• Identify gaps and highlight opportunities to maximize range mix to the Head of Product Line, working together to increase profitability, suggesting key models and price points.
• Research and recommend pricing strategies being accountable for volumes, ASP, share, price index and gross contribution within the UK and Ireland.
• Make proactive recommendations of opportunities within the area of responsibility and execute agreed actions. Liaising with the European Category Managers to ensure our local cluster requirements are met within the European Product Management Strategy.
• Be the first port of call for support, communications, and issues for specified product area
• Develop ranges for the market to ensure range selection & design coordination within each brand in line with other categories and brand positioning guidelines.
• Contribute towards the development of business plans & budgets for product area in line with Regional and European Product Management Strategy.
• In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, take a lead role and establish a rolling 12 month activity plan to ensure the product area achieves its goals
• Monitor retailer & competitor activity, identifying areas of strength & risk for our brands and suggest actions, both short & mid-term, to drive performance
• Create and develop structured and targeted feature/benefit argumentation in line with brand positioning and in conjunction with Marketing and the Business Development team, feedback market requirements into the Central Product Management team.
• Support the range planning process and collaborate with the Sales team to develop retailer strategy plans and present through the range review process
• Take ownership of new product launches, in conjunction with Marketing and Sales, to ensure successful ‘go to market’ strategies and launches in line with Local, Regional and European business strategies.
• Work closely with Sales Planning and Channel Heads to ensure forecast volume and mix of stock over 3-12 month period
• Proactively participate in Category Management projects with our strategic retail partners
• Ensure extensive cross-function coordination throughout the organization
COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK REQUIREMENTS
• Business acumen – able to evaluate risks and opportunities to make recommendations using numerical and market data
• Financial target driven whilst keeping the consumer at the heart of our decisions
• Experience of category management, including deep knowledge of products and benefits or familiar with European, centrally-led organizations in a matrix environment
• Relationship building skills; an ability to demonstrate collaboration at all levels both externally & internally and manage expectations
• Negotiation experience would be beneficial but a desire to learn and develop is key
• Confident use of Excel & PowerPoint
Able to understand the importance of dealing with a national account, and the detailed processes that go with this.
As a communicator:
• Strong all-round communications skills
• Convey information to all concerned clearly and convincingly and with self-confidence
• Can address external customers in a professional and convincing manner
• Able to engage colleagues and managers to build strong networks
As a person:
• Act with integrity, honesty and resilience
• Customer & consumer focused, with a passionate commitment to improving business performance
• Are ambitious, energetic and truly motivated to perform
• Are open and want to grow by learning and developing yourself
• Are accountable, willing to take responsibility for failures
• Show agility, being open to new opportunities and adaptable to changing priorities
As a team player:
• Demonstrate ability to work within the team and alongside peers
• Good interpersonal skills on all levels
• Value and understand the individual needs of each member of the team
• Build relationships within the team that create trust, respect and honesty
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on: