Product Manager - Sourced
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will create products that deliver a Best-In-Class Consumer Experience by translating the Technology Road Map into successful 3-5yr generation plans and ensuring the Product Line has a competitive range with the right profitability in all segments, brands, channels and markets. You will also ensure quality improvement of product in market, below target Service Call Rate (SCR) level of new product, and elimination of poor-quality products in the market. You will lead product development, launch, and management of sourced food preservation products and be working across the organization to manage the product lines long and short-term profitability. You will assist in the development of the 5-year strategic business and capital investment plan and drive product and feature development based on consumer insights.
- Closely work with Product Planning and Innovation, Merchandising and Product Marketing to develop opportunities in existing channels and pursue additional channels where needed to continue strong levels of continuous growth
- Partner with R&D/Purchasing/Quality teams to find innovative solutions for cost reductions and quality improvements
- Work with marketing, sales, and finance to establish pricing strategy to maximize growth, profit and market penetration
- Assist in the development and management of the annual business plan including monthly and quarterly P&L maintenance
- Execute competitive benchmarking activities
- Participate in supply chain planning with factory, operations, and supply chain groups
- Work with design group, marketing, and sales groups to achieve successful launch of new products in the market, ensuring messaging and point of purchase materials are consistent
- Participate and align with marketing, sales, and finance teams on product and price consistent with overall brand strategy
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration required, MBA desired
- Minimum 4 years product development, marketing or commercial experience
- Experience in product launches and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies and knowledge of product development process, marketing, operations/supply chain management, financial overview
- Understanding of merchandising and brand management with the ability to foster a team environment, necessary to achieve product line goals
- Proven experience using Microsoft suite including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse international teams across time zones