Product Manager - Spare Parts
Consumer & Customer Care
Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of
the Ownership Solutions (OS) organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty
is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand
Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
The individual in this position provides strategic direction and operational leadership for proprietary parts, consumables and accessory development within Ownership Solutions organization in North America. The Product Manager is responsible for product lifecycle management from initial concept to delivery, including tracking the product metrics after launch to manage to expected outcomes for proprietary parts, consumables and accessories.
This role will closely follow the evolution of the external market in the areas of part pricing, distribution channels, competitive actions and anticipate and translate these dynamics into recommendations for Electrolux, helping drive the Ownership Solutions organization on its growth path.
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
Product Manager, you will be working with finished goods consumer insights
teams, develop plans to support finished goods generation planning, determining
product and feature requirements based upon research, understanding marketplace
dynamics and outline pricing for assigned products based on alignment with
finished goods product line and marketing teams. You will participate in product gate and
status meeting to partner with Engineering, R&D, Quality, Service and
various Global Teams. You will be responsible to deliver all OS deliverables
needed as part of product development process including technical
You will partner with the OS and finished goods Marketing Communications function to support go-to-market launch plans for successful commercialization activation.
You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Quality, Warranty, Service Delivery, Operations, Sales, Product Line and Marketing, to ensure spare parts availability meets/exceeds product line requirements at commercial launch and support continuous improvement of spare parts business.
The role requires that you be a thought partner with product leaders and peers, to stimulate innovative ideas about integration of multiple channels, products and technology, to create a seamless consumer experience. This means a curiosity that drives you to continuously test new products and processes.
- Drive the overall performance of the parts business P&L: parts availability, pricing, simplification and pricing
- Provide leadership to product and technical documentation team
- Execute on finished goods product development and maintenance process in compliance with phase gates and deliver required documentation for gate approval
- Develop R&D, capital investment & outline marketing SG&A investment planning to support NPI using financial modeling and forecasting. Ensure NPI are in line with budget and deliver committed ROI for proprietary consumables and accessories
- Foster an inclusive culture that promotes teamwork and collaboration within and across functions, appreciates effort and recognizes performance
- Execute product maintenance activities like accurate master data management, compliance, claims documentation, packaging etc. Identify root cause issues and recommend action plans to drive continuous improvement
- Providing accurate technical information of existing and new products and approving any technical specification related deliverables
- Work with quality team to manage quality issues including service flashes. Ensure parts availability for quality events working with purchasing, operations, procurement and supply chain teams
- Partner with the OS PMO team on management of PDR reporting, execution, schedules, and tracking of all aspects of a project from inception through production launch, including investment and cost budgets to meet financial targets
- Manage sub-contracts and relationships with partners and vendors to reduce the occurrence of problems and to quickly resolve any problem encountered
WHO YOU ARE:
Customer-Centric Mindset/Powerful Communicator/Master of Priorities & Motivation
- You are an expert in product development and maintenance processes and a motivator with the ability to manage teams to exceed expectations.
- You are detail oriented and have expertise in quality processes and procedures.
- You demonstrate excellent influencing, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to articulate a clear vision and represent it convincingly.
- You demonstrate the experience and high character to thrive in a collaborative environment of collegiality and accountability, and demonstrate the ability to lead in a large-scale, complex environment, in a diplomatic yet assertive style.
- You have a proven record of accomplishment launching new products, developing new processes, implementing technologies and maintaining product portfolio leading to a significant increase in performance or business impact.
- You are well versed in all aspects related to product development stage gate process and understand how to translate customer requirements to product and operational initiatives.
- You have experience in managing quality events end to end and have deployed appropriate controls and methodology to address quality issues while ensuring compliance.
- You have a flexible personal style and ability to balance an effective process orientation with a strong appreciation for deliverables and a keen awareness of the necessity for quick and decisive action in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Six Sigma black belt preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years related experience required in consumer packaged goods, product line management, Quality or Engineering.
- This position will require occasional travel.
- Strong business acumen, sound business judgement, and decisiveness.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Energy: Inspires and engages people while fostering a culture of accountability and ownership. Drives and delivers business results in a short and long-term perspective.
- Openness: Encourages cross-collaboration, leveraging on diversity and open feedback. Keeps the end consumer and customers in mind through an outside-in perspective.
- Agility: Analyzes and adapts to different people and situations, remaining composed during ambiguity. Quickly understands and reacts to changes and takes decisions despite instabilities and uncertainties.
- Growth: Develops talents and learns new skills beyond own business needs. Explores new business ideas and continuously improves to build core capabilities.