Product Marketing Manager - Accessories & Consumables
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Product Marketing Manager – Consumables & Accessories is responsible for organizing, coordinating and supporting all product marketing strategies for Ownership Solutions Consumables & Accessories Product Lines & Channel P&Ls. This position oversees a Marketing Specialist and Graphic Designer, and reports to the Director Ownership Marketing Communications working closely with product line, sales, IT, brand and digital marketing. The position strategizes and executes the marketing & business plans for market commercialization activities supporting new product introductions (NPIs) and re-launches within our Taste, Care & Wellbeing Platforms. You will develop strategic launch plans and oversee the tactical execution of end-to-end new product introductions serving as the main liaison for all marketing commercialization activities and lead the creation of consumer messaging, with a benefit led approach, supported by product feature hierarchy.
- Support and develop the re-introduction of strategic product lines that require commercialization efforts and/or updated branding and assist with the rebranding efforts for our universal brand Smart Choice
- Execute timely creation of assets through internal and external resources that are associated with the marketing touchpoints (i.e. product packaging, displays, imagery)
- Develop annual product promotional calendar plans to support omni-channel strategy to drive D2C sales and support B2B sales channels to create launch materials, merchandisers, A+ content and buy show collateral
- Manage and oversee the development of branded product content for Frigidaire, Electrolux and Smart Choice that maintains our distinct brand voice and supports the pillars of Taste, Care & Wellbeing
- Serve as a liaison between the Major Appliances Product Lines and Ownership divisions, ensuring a seamless commercialization process for proprietary and universal parts
- Develop and oversee key product marketing activities (s) including advertising agency selection, creative approval, product launch assets, media planning, planning and implementing PR campaigns, development of consumer and retailer incentive programs, trade promotions, retail merchandising and packaging for generic and genuine brands.
- Analyze key competitors within category and product family and work to develop presentations and present lines/brands to national retail and b2b accounts
- Participate in consumer insight activities related to Brand, Product & Marketing while maintaining budgets, databases, records, files and spreadsheets for all projects
- Manage the budget process including PO generation, vendor set-up and invoice management while overseeing the organization of asset creation activities (i.e. photo shoots, videos, graphic and web development)
- Maintain a high performing, engaging and winning organization and coordinate compliance, trademarks and legal reviews of key product claims
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree / MBA (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 5-7 years of durable consumer goods or package goods brand or B2B Marketing experience
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Experience with brand, product marketing or customer marketing, commercialization and project management (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Experience in communicating with the Sales, Product and Marketing organizations within the company as well as trade partners and external service providers
- Working knowledge of marketing software and programs including but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Marketing Automation Platforms, Planogram Software and other CMS platforms is highly preferred