Product Owner Consumer Services – Consumer Account
As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already offering a portfolio of digital platforms allowing end-consumers to live a unique experience in interacting with smart home appliances in a variety of mobile-driven user journeys across cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home.
Such an offer is nowadays significantly growing in terms of volumes, variety of appliance categories, innovative use cases, partnerships and geographies to be covered.
The life-cycle practices involved in creating, developing, launching and maintaining such digital experiences, require these to be managed as Digital Products with an agile discipline, so we are looking at Product Owner Consumer Services-Consumer Account to work as part of the Group Digital Product organization, the key enabler of the company’s digital agenda with regards to mobile applications and IoT.
A Typical Day
- You will work together with a highly skilled and enthusiastic cross-functional scrum team, creating and evolving mobile applications, across iOS and Android platforms, and related back-end services, to allow our consumers to enjoy the benefits of the Electrolux IoT ecosystem.
- Your responsibilities will include supporting the team to maximize the value they produce towards OKRs. You will work in collaboration with other Product Owners, Product, Engineering & Design Managers to groom and prioritize the product backlog in each sprint and towards the vision of the product.
- You will also help the team to agree on what they can achieve during each development sprint, facilitating daily stand-ups and bi-weekly sprint demos, helping the team to continuously make progress on the product, removing obstacles, and protecting the team from distractions.
- Clarifying user stories is part of your DNA. You are a natural interaction point between teams with interdependencies. Ensuring improved team performance is high on your agenda, with regular retrospectives and other purposeful ceremonies.
- As a member of the extended Product Management team, you will be involved in preparation for Product Increment (PI) planning including the determination of team objectives and key results for the upcoming PIs.
- Work with Product Managers and the team to ensure priorities are correctly established, based the longer-term strategy for the product.
- Together with the team, prepare requirements, user stories and their acceptance criteria.
- Manage and prioritize the product backlog ensuring the quality of its content.
- Ensure the team gets the necessary support from Product Management to build their product.
- Own and communicate roadmap and release planning for features & functionality, including dependency mapping and co-ordination with other teams.
- Constantly monitor the progress and look for ways to improve the digital product and team performance.
- Facilitate or participate in Scrum ceremonies, e.g. sprint planning, backlog refinements, sprint demos & reviews as well as retrospectives.
- Work with UX and UI experts to define the consumer experience and product specifications for features and requirements.
- Ensure proper analytics and tracking mechanisms are in place to deeply understand consumer behaviors and identify opportunities for further improvements through relevant and reliable data.
- Prepare and disseminate release notes for each release of the product.
- Support overall adoption of agile principles and scaled-agile ways of working.
- Drive alignment with the other product teams that have API interactions with yours
Problem and Scope Definition:
- Support formulation of problem statement and definition of scope. Drill down beyond the problems surface to understand root cause.
- Construct problem statement including problem description.
- Support the identification of risks and mitigation approaches.
- Support team requirement gathering sessions.
- Organize and sequence requirements into a user requirements document.
- Write well formed, validated requirements and manage changes.
- Use appropriate tools to record, track and manage requirements.
- Demonstrate excellence in delivery of all solutions/recommendations, including supporting artifacts, on time and with high quality.
- Deliver exceptional engagement support, including development and management of project plan(s) as needed.
- Develop high quality deliverables that are “review ready” the first time.
- Proactively share ongoing point of view and perspectives.
- Display strong listening and communication skills when interacting with client and team.
Who You Are
- University degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Product Owner/Scrum Master for a mobile app product team, having applied Scrum principles and practices:
-owning, prioritizing product backlog and taking decisions
-breaking down deliverables, planning releases, monitoring product performance
-gathering data, creating documentation, collecting and analyzing business requirements
-monitoring and increasing team performance
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I).
- Drive teams to success, keeping yourself motivated and working with minimal supervision, guided by OKR’s and product vision.
- Extensive experience with Agile frameworks and Agile practices.
- Good skills in leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, stakeholder management.
- Problem solving attitude, highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Excellent English proficiency, written and spoken.
- Fast learner, technology agnostic, pragmatic and striving for transparency.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Willingness to work in a high-paced and delivery-oriented team.
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira & Confluence) or similar toolset.
Nice to have:
- Experience with SAFe or other scaled agile frameworks.
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II).
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.