Product Safety and Standards Manager
- Work closely with AHAM and local agencies to understand and help define where the industry is going in regards to agency requirements.
- Use historical safety reports as an input into product specs and test standards.
- Feed into the development cycle key learnings from product litigation.
- Lead safety audits at the product level.
- Attend Technical Design Previews (TDP’s) and Project Management (EPM) meetings to provide feedback related to safety.
- Drive the approval and integration of CSS’s, TM’s and Design Guidlines.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead/Directs Product Safety Risk Assessments
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Sets goals of assigned resources and conduct performance reviews.
- Helps develop departmental policies and procedures and insures consistency of said policies and procedures.
- Works with other departmental managers to insure adherence to Safety goals and objectives through sound management principles.
- Proactively resolves Product Safety, Regulatory, and Compliance issues
- Develops a team spirit within Safety & Engineering teams
- Coaching of associates in development of technical and project skills
- Interact with customers, senior management, and suppliers
Move the organization in a proactive direction as it relates to the following:
- Product and Consumer Safety
- Component and Product Safety specifications
- Safety standards and key learnings from Legal litigation and Customer complaints
- Technical representative for Legal and Customer complaints.
- Active participation in AHAM and Regulatory Affairs
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent due to experience.
- 10 plus years minimum appliance related experience
- Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- A leader of people.
- Removes barriers for the success of those people.
- Proven track record for discipline and rigor in achieving targets.
- Manages by objectives.
- Skilled in technical writing.
- Strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good verbal and written communications
- Exceptional problem solving skills with a strong aptitude for details
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.Self-starter, a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently