Product Safety and Standards Manager - Taste
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Product Safety and Standards Manager will be responsible for management of the product safety and standards. The position will develop and manage the Electrolux product safety and regulatory compliance processes, and will report to NA Director of Product Safety, Compliance, and Regulatory Affairs, while interfacing with the Company’s engineering and legal departments for providing technical assistance and support in claims and litigation.
- Assist with further definition of component and product specifications.
- Establish safety standards and key learnings from litigation.
- Proactive participation in AHAM.
- Attend Electrolux Project Management (EPM) meetings to ensure integration of safety learnings and standards.
- Develop and deploy safety standards for NA BA.
- Sets goals for assigned resources and conducts performance reviews.
- Helps develop departmental policies and procedures and ensure consistency of said policies and procedures.
- Works with other departmental managers to insure adherence to goals and objectives through sound management principles.
- Proactively resolves product safety, regulatory, and compliance issues.
- Develops a team spirit within the engineering team.
- Coaching of associates in development of technical and project skills.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required, preferably Mechanical, Electrical Engineering.
- 10 plus years minimum appliance product design related experience.
- 5 years of leadership experience.
- Proven track record of setting and achieving KPIs.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Skilled in technical writing.
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization.
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting, and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly principles.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving. and organizational skills.