Product Safety Engineer - Fabric Care
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for Product Safety of appliances within the NA Product Safety Group. You will report to the Product Safety & Standards Manager, while interfacing with the Company’s engineering and legal departments to provide technical assistance and support to Risk Management while maintaining Product Safety requirements of appliances. You will participate in Technical Design Previews (TDP’s) and Project Management (EPM) meetings to provide feedback related to safety to ensure integration of regulatory and compliance requirements. You will also help to develop departmental policies and procedures and insure consistency within the Product Safety Group.
- Lead Product Safety activities and ensure R&D is kept informed of new regulations and requirements
- Lead Product Safety Risk Assessment activities and documentation requirements within EPM and related project databases.
- Technical representative for legal litigation and customer complaints. Provide testimony and research for legal complaints for design, manufacturing and the operation of appliances.
- Conduct research and testing to evaluate product safety and implement Safety standards and key learnings from litigation and customer complaints
- Proactive participation in AHAM and Industry Standards Task Groups
- Works with other departmental managers to insure adherence to goals and objectives through sound management principles.
- Proactively resolves product safety, regulatory, and compliance issues.
- Develops a team spirit within the engineering team and participate in the coaching of associates in development of technical and project skills.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering preferred, preferably Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or relevant technical degree and related experience
- 5 years plus years minimum appliance product design related experience or equivalent through acquired technical knowledge
- Leadership experience preferred with a proven track record of setting and achieving KPIs
- Experience in technical writing with a strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Experience and basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principle