Product Safety Engineer- Regulatory and Compliance
This position will be responsible for the management of Regulatory and Compliance for Refrigeration products within the NA Product Safety Group. This position will report to the Product Safety & Standards Manager-Food Preservation, while interfacing with the Company’s engineering and legal departments to provide technical assistance and support to Risk Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend Electrolux Project Management (EPM) meetings to ensure integration of safety and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and deploy safety standards, DOE and regulatory requirements for North America
- Helps develop departmental policies and procedures and insure consistency within the Product Safety Group
- Works with other departmental managers to insure adherence to goals and objectives through sound management principles.
- Proactively resolves product safety, regulatory, and compliance issues.
- Develops a team spirit within the engineering team
- Coaching of associates in development of technical and project skills.
- Performs other duties as required or necessary.
Move the organization in a proactive direction as it relates to the to the following:
- Further define component and product specifications
- Implement Safety standards and key learnings from litigation
- Proactive participation in AHAM and Industry Standards Task Groups
- Lead DOE compliance activities and ensure R&D is kept informed of new regulations
- Assist with product safety risk assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required, preferably Mechanical, Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years plus years minimum appliance product design related experience
- Leadership experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven track record of setting and achieving KPIs
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Skilled in technical writing
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport; establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally
- Strong aptitude for details
- Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills